Party Preperations

"I'm so glad we get to spend some quality time together again my dear!" Alastor said joyfully as he walked down the sidewalk with Abby's hand in his own. The small fennec just giggled as the two looked about till they found what Alastor called 'one of the few decent shops' in this side of town. When the two entered, the small fox couldn't help but remember how her and Angel had done this together. She had a lot of people to buy for and little time or ideas of what they enjoyed. As she went about, she noticed Alastor pat her shoulder, getting her to look up at him.
                "Abby dear, I'll be right back. Don't leave the store without me and stay within eyesight okay?" He hummed getting a warm smiled nodd in return. "If you need anything, just call." He smiled as he went about looking as well.
                After a bot of searching, Abby began to get a feel of what to get everyone. She just hoped they didn't think it was stupid. As she.went to.check out, she glanced out the large windows of the store to see Angel walking with... they one eyed dressy guy from the cassino. She tilted her head a bit as they disappeared around a building corner. She just blinked curiously, completely caught in her own mind.
                 Alastor approached but noticed the small fennec had zoned out looking though the glass window. He laid down the few things he picked up and paid for it all. By the time Abby came back to the present, the gentlemen at the register handed him back his card.
                "Alastor, you did not just buy my gifts for everyone.. did you?" Abby asked feeling a bit guilty she had lost herself in thought.
                "Don't worry about it, Abby." The demon deer said with a friendly smile. "I don't get to do this often and I don't have to worry about money." He said with a wink. "Let's head back to Niffty ' s and wrap these up." He said as he handed Abby a few lighter bags before taking most of them himself as they headed home. As they walked, Alastor felt his smile fading. He had also spotted the strange pair vanish behind the corner. In fact, the image of them made him break a thick glass cup with his bare hands. He didn't notice but quickly made sure to pay for the damaged goods. What easy poor Abby feeling? Thinking?! Alastor made a mental note to speak to Angel privately at the celebration tonight.
                   Back at Niffty's appartment, the three wrapped up gifts and decorated the entire house. Every inch of it screamed holiday festivities. The cute little one eyed demon girl also, by who knows how, found candy cane stripped toilet paper. TOILET PAPER! the two girls laughed out loud in joy at that fact, which made Alastor chuckle softly. As he continued wrapping his gift he paused. Making sure nobody wad around, he pulled out the vial the owl witch had given him. Her words still echoed in the back or his mind and his smile faded.
                 "Tonight." He said quietly. "Tonight I will give it to her and hopefully all will be well." He whispered to himself. His chest ached. It may be useless now and knowing he had it the whole time.... she may fit upset with him... maybe hate him. Just the thought of that wad enough to make tears build up in his blood red eyes.
                "Alastor? Are you okay?" A formilliar voice spoke out snapping Alastor out of his mind. Eyes opened wide, he turned his head in shock to see Abby standing close by. Her ears were down in worry as she saw the look on the deers face. It wad a look she hadn't ever seen on Alastor before. Fear and deep deep sadeness. He quickly went to look away to try and force himself to calm, but small loving arms wrapped around his neck and he felt her small read rest against his.
              No words were spoken. They weren't needed. Alastor let his stray tears fall as he remebered that this was Abby. She wasn't like the others. She cared deeply for everyone and would never hate any of her friends, including himself. He reached a hand up and gently placed it upon her own. With her he was truly and utterly happy. With her he felt safe and care free. With her... he felt he was home. Tonight. Tonight he would tell her. Tonight he would give her the vial...
Tonight....

A/N: sorry the chaper is a bit short. I hadn't posted anything in a few days and I felt I should... hope it isn't too bad. XD