Chapter 2

Pic of Chad (Steven R. McQueen) ^^^^

°°°

Lily's P.O.V.

"What the hell?!" I screamed at a dazed Chad, who was struggling to keep his eyes off my nude body, "You just walked in on me naked. Don't you know how to knock?" Anger laced my voice.

"I-I..." he stuttered but I didn't even wait to hear what he had said. I wrapped a towel around my body and grabbed the clothes I picked out earlier off my bed and literally ran to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and got dressed, applying some makeup in the process. After that, I managed to make my way back into my room where I found Chad sitting on my bed, playing with his fingers. When he saw me, his head whipped up and he immediately swept to my side.

"Oh, Lily. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to walk in on you. I just really needed to talk..." Chad rambled.

"Please don't tell me that you have a tendency towards sneaking into people's rooms and invading their privacy!" I yelled at him. He is really working my nerves.

"No, it's just that I knew that if I asked you you'd say no," He was right. I can be pretty stubborn at times.

"Well, since you're already here, just spill," I allowed him to explain. This better be good.

He stepped closer to me and took a hand in his.

'Oh, his hands are so warm...' Chastity moaned in pleasure and it made upset at how desperate she sounded. But I permitted him to maintain his grasp. Besides, it felt so good...

"I know that I hurt you last year. Heck, it pains me that I did. I'm not sure how I managed to let someone as special as you are slip away. I assure you that the rejection was an accident," he said with concern.

"Accident?" I pulled my hand out of his, anger starting to rush over me again, "How can something so fragile as a rejection be an accident to you?"

"I don't know. I didn't feel like myself when it happened. I never wanted to reject you, but I couldn't stop the words from slipping off my tongue,"

Did he expect me to believe this crap?

"You broke my heart, Chad! You hurt me and my wolf almost died because of you. I've cried every night, trying to get over the pain of your rejection. So don't tell me that what I went through was just an accident!" I yelled, emphasizing the last three words.

"I know," he hung his head shamefully, "You should've known that I would never - will never -hurt you intentionally. I just don't know what happened, I swear." He looked so innocent and adorable that I almost believed him. Did he even know what I went through because of his stupid 'mistake'?

He was about to say something else but I cut him off, "You know what? This conversation is over!" I walked to the door, harshly pulling it open, and gestured to the hallway.

Chad sighed in defeat and walked to where I was standing.

"I'm not giving up on you. I hope you can do the same for me." He whispered in my ear and walked away.

Seeing that he was gone, I slammed the door. Hurt and frustrated, I miserably threw myself on my bed, pulled a pillow to my chest and cried. I cried as if it could take away all my pain and misery. As if it could somehow make me feel better. But I know that crying wouldn't help, my mate could. Chad could.

But I haven't forgiven him. Yet. He is still my mate and as much as I want to stay mad at him, I just couldn't. I'm willing to give him a chance if he's really determined. Buy I won't let him in so easy.