Chapter 6

Pic of Taylor (Jake T. Austin) ^^^^

°°°

Lily's P.O.V.

I got up the next morning like I usually do. Once I was ready, I went outside for my morning run. The morning was a bit warmer as summer was fast approaching.

"Such a great morning to run, isn't it?" Chastity, who I haven't heard from in a while piped up. I guess she was in a better mood now that Chad and I were on speaking terms.

"Yeah, it is," I answered her out loud. I looked out in front of me, hoping I was safe in the Black Wolf territory. I wasn't one for unwanted surprises. But then again, who was?

"Oh, would you just go already?" Chastity complained impatiently.

"Okay, okay. I'm going now." Jeez.

I didn't even bother to take my clothes off as I shifted into Chastity's wolf form. I stretched my - or is it our - legs and then took a whiff of the atmosphere. No rogues, that's good.

I backed up a little before dashing off farther into the territory.

Chastity howled with energy as adrenaline took over our body. I chuckled as a grin stood firm on her face.

Chastity and I ran for a very long time after that until I grew a bit tired. Just me. Chastity was still begging for us to go on.

"A girl's gotta rest." I reminded her to which she rolled her eyes.

I sighed and lied down on the forest floor. So much was running through my head I thought it would explode. I was particularly keen with the "supposedly" upcoming war. The Alpha had said that it might be the biggest war we have yet to take on. And the Mate Fade spell that some witch placed on Chad doesn't help the situation.

I've only known about one witch my entire life and that is Fiona Presley, a good witch whom had helped the Black Wolf pack way back when I was a preteen. She was particularly fond with me and I had always wondered why. It's not like I was the best fighter in the pack or the most skilled athlete. There's nothing really great about me, unless you count me being the gifted Moonet. But there's no way Fiona could've known about that, right?

I shook the thought away.

Snap!

My ears perked up at the sound of a twig snap. I jumped up into a ready fighting stance. The sound of running feet grew louder but then something else filled the air. Pomegranate.

Before I could dwell on the owner of the scent, a huge black wolf emerged and jumped onto me. I fell backwards from the impact, the black wolf on top. I was already panicking thinking things like, This is it, I'm gonna die! and Chad and I didn't even mate yet! Wait, nope. That was Chastity.

The wolf turned its head towards me, and did something that surprised me. It licked my face!

It turned its eyes towards me and I stared into its familiar brown orbs.

"Hi," Chad's voice called to me on mind link. That sneaky little...

"Chad! That was totally unnecessary! You scared the sh*t outta me!" I yelled back at him.

"Sorry," He said in between laughs. I rolled my eyes and pushed him off of me.

He rolled into a pile of leaves and stood up. I followed his action. Chad looked my wolf form up and down.

"You're beautiful. What's her name?" I blushed at his compliment and I could tell Chastity was too.

"Chastity. But don't let the name fool you. She's about as sex-crazed as it gets," I tell him. Chastity frowned buy didn't say anything as she knew it was true.