Chapter 1

*Rewritten*

°°°

Lily's P.O.V.

Wake up.

I grunted and flipped my body to the right.

Wake up.

I groaned and dug my face in my pillow.

Wake up, dimwit.

An annoying voice spoke in my head. Oh wait, that's my wolf, Chastity.

"Go away, Chastity." I mumbled. I'm literally 5 seconds away from killing her. But I can't do that, now can I?

"After you grow a brain. You need to get up right now for your run." I mumbled again and closed my eyes. If Chastity could mentally slap me awake right now it would be happening. Instead, I felt a sharp pain in my head.

"Ow! Alright! I'll get up." Chastity stopped her mental stabbing of my brain as I pushed away my covers. I groggily walked to the bathroom and did the essentials, no need to get into details with that.

I carefully pulled out the necklace the Moon Goddess gave me out of my jewelry box and clasped it around my neck.

I admired its reflection in the mirror. Even after 12 years, I still treat this moon necklace as if it is fragile. Questions on how I got it were raised, of course, but I just told whoever asked that I found it. No need to blow my 'special' cover.

After that, I tiptoed downstairs, careful not to wake anyone, and slipped out the front door.

The faint outline of the sun traced the grey sky and the cold wind made me shiver. I trotted to a nearby tree and stripped my clothes. The morning wind once again blew against my bare skin but I ignored the chilliness and jumped into the air. In just seconds, I shifted into my pretty silver wolf, landing on all fours.

In case you're wondering how my wolf is normal, being Moonet and all, my wolves appearance doesn't change until I'm 18. Then my wolf will have gold fur, literally. Although it won't be chunky and tough, but actually soft. How I know this? The Moon Goddess. Though she prefers I call her Selene since ' The Moon Goddess' is a bit too formal for her. Selene would visit me in private and help out with my skills or just to widen my knowledge on who I really am.

Pushing aside my thoughts, I sped through the forest. My tongue rolled out of my wolf's mouth and my fur blew back. Running in my wolf form always makes me feel better. It would help if I ever had anything that needed to be lifted off my shoulders or just to calm myself. My favorite time to run is on a full moon. It seems to fill my body with energy and power. It's bloody amazing!

I allowed myself to run a while longer until I got tired. The sun was starting to peek into view and I knew I had to get back before my family woke up. I let out a sigh and shifted back into my human form, slipping my frame into the clothes I left behind.

"Good morning, Lily." Jacob, one of the pack guards, called to me as I enter the building.

"Morning, Jacob." I flashed him a smile and continued through the house. I finally came to a stop at the kitchen. Five people were seated around the counter eating a hearty breakfast.

"Morning, fam!" I hugged my little brother, Dylan, and grabbed a bacon off Adam's plate. Adam is a close friend.

"Hey!" He whined in protest.

"Sorry, Adam. But it's already halfway down my stomach." I passed him an innocent smile to which he frowned.

"In case you all forgot, the Alpha and his family are coming back to the pack house today. They'll be staying here permanently seeing as they don't need to go back to the palace." lMy shoulders tensed at the mention of the Alpha's family. That means I get to see the devil himself. Uggh! Can it get any worse?