Chapter 16

Lily's P.O.V.

It happened again, just as it has been going on for the few weeks now. Rogues have been attacking us a lot more than ever heard of than usual. And I know it's because of me. Everyone thinks that Savannah's magic isn't strong enough, but I knew that this was her plan all along for them to get me.

Chad and I sat sadly and tiredly in the Deep Shack, lost in our own thoughts. The pack was still coping from the attack 2 days ago. We've lost quite a few persons again and if this continues then we'll lose everyone.

"Chad, this can't go on any longer." Chad turned to face me and I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. See, I'm stressing everyone out with this.
"I can't just sit back and pretend that I don't know why these rogues are attacking when I'm the primary cause of it all."

"We can't do that just yet. More people will be in danger." Chad tried to come towards an agreement with me. But thank God I'm stubborn because I probably would've listened to him.

"Can't you see? They already know who I am, what I am. I can't just have people I care about continuously getting hurt. Everyone needs to know the truth. The whole truth." I wasn't going to argue with anyone at that moment. I knew it was the best for everyone right now and maybe upon learning about me, more could actually be done to save us all.

Chad hesitated but he knew it was useless trying to convince me. It was already done. Today, everyone will know that I am the Moonet.

"Okay. If that's what you want then let's go." Chad took my hand encouragingly and got me up and out of Deep Shack.

"I'll mind link my dad about setting an important pack meeting." Chad informed me and I nodded.

He was in his head for a few seconds before her said to me, "We're all set. Meeting's in 2." I nodded again unsure of what else to say. So I remained quiet as we trudged back home.

°°°

I fiddled nervously as the Alpha beckoned me over to stand in front of the wolves and explain. All the self confidence I had managed to gather fell to the floor. I practiced in my head on what to say to them but now I was stuck.

I stood there nervously and unsure of what to say. I could hear people whispering to the other beside them but I didn't dare listen in for fear of breaking down. My nerves calmed when a familiar presence rushed to my side, holding my hands and restoring my courage. For the slightest second.

"Good afternoon, everyone." They returned my greeting. "Uhm, today I uhh, I just - just wanted to - mmm." My head hung low in shame and embarrassment. Chad placed an arm around my waist and linked to me some encouraging words. I took a deep breath as he said and it was working.

"Today I decided to share with you guys something important. Because as people I care about, you all need to know the truth. I've kept it a secret for too long and it was damaging the good I could have done longer before. So to the Alpha, Luna, Beta, Third, my family and friends; I, Lily Cassanova, am the Moonet."

I winced inwardly as the room erupted with shocked gasps and wide eyes. Well there was no turning back the hands of time. My secret as the Moonet is out to my pack.

"Did that have to do with the abnormal growl you sounded the day you rescued Amanda and I?" Kara asked first.

"Yes. It's one of my...abilities." My chest rose heavily up and down.

I looked at the Alpha who was shocked to say the least. "Lily, why didn't you tell us before?"

"It was a way to keep everyone safe. The less you all knew the better. If word was to get out about me being the Moonet before, then this pack would've already been in shambles. But now I had to tell you. These rogues are attacking and —"