Chapter 22

Chad's P.O.V.

[Flasback : Weeks before Lily was gone...]

My eyes finally opened as I took in the scenery of the ceiling wall. I turned my head to the right, Lily's spot. I frowned when I realized she wasn't there. She's probably in the bathroom.

I knocked on the door. "Morning, babe. You want me to make you some breakfast?" I asked on the other side.

There was no response. I turned the door knob and pushed the door open. The bathroom was empty, but on the floor was remnants of broken glass from the mirror. I thought of the worst. How did the glass shatter? What if Lily's in trouble? I tried to calm down. Maybe she's downstairs in the kitchen which she loves so much. Maybe there's an explanation for all of this.

I walked out of the bathroom and went downstairs to the kitchen. Everyone was moving up an down, eating or chatting. My eyes scanned the area for signs of my black haired beauty. Still none.

Rachael was in the kitchen behind the stove, the Fantastic Four seated around the island watching her.

"Of course you wouldn't understand. You're a dumb ass." Simon punched Hunter on the arm.

"You're lucky you don't have a dignity for me to get rid of." Hunter smirked at Simon who was glaring bullets at him. The other two boys laughed.

"Hey, guys." I greeted them and Rachael. They returned it with a series of 'Heys'. "Have any of you guys seen Lily?"

"Nope." Rachael said after thinking for a while.

"Not after last night when we could hear the 'Oh, Chad!' and 'Faster! Harder!'." The guys teased as I brushed them off.

"Ignore them, Chad. They're just jealous that I'm getting some before they ever will." Rachael smirked at the boys who groaned.

"TMI, Rach." Adam shook his head.

"Nah, it's hot." Matthew grinned boyishly as the other boys, and Rachael, soon greed.

I smiled at them and turned on my heel to get information elsewhere.

Taylor was walking from down one of the halls and I stopped him. "Have you seen Lily?" We asked at the same time.

"You can't find her either?" Taylor asked in surprise.

"No not since last night." I frowned.

Taylor looked at me with tease in his eyes. "Yeah, last night."

"Were we seriously that loud?" I threw my hands up. Looks like I need soundproof walls.

"Yup. Especially when she was screaming—"

"Don't start."

"I'll stop. Wait. I should be hunting you down right now. That's my little sister." Taylor frowned and I grinned at him.

"How about after we find Lily?" This was more serious than Taylor trying to fight me will ever be.

"Fine. Let's split up." Taylor suggested and I nodded before heading off into a random direction.

Taylor and I searched the whole house, the whole territory, but still no sign of her. We were beginning to get worried.

"What if Lionel has something to do with this?" I asked Taylor with worry.

"I'll kill him." Taylor gritted his teeth.

"Try to calm down a little, man. We still need to find her. Let's ask the others." I placed a hand on his shoulder and led him elsewhere.