Chapter 5

Pic of Kara (Jessica Parker Kennedy)^^

°°°

Lily's P.O.V.

My breathing grew more rapidly with each step-or run in this case. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes but I won't cry. I won't let the same stupid boy who broke my heart a year ago come back and do the same thing again. I may act as if I have a tough exterior on the outside, but I'm still a teenage girl. Sure I'm a special she-wolf and sure that's a major responsibility but I still have feelings, especially when it comes to relationships. I might not have much experience with that but I know that with love comes pain and a whole other lot of crap.

By this point, I grew tired and slid down the bark of a nearby tree. The tears I tried to well up now rolled down my cheeks, escaping my eyes automatically.

Why does these things keep happening to me. Whenever Chad's around I'm either heartbroken or angry. I don't even know how I feel now. Maybe a combination of both. I just know that Chad freaking Gordon is the cause of my misery.

I was bubbling with anger and took it out on another tree by smashing my fist into it. It broke into 2 from my impact and blue sparks ricocheted from it. Boys!

A twig snapped and based on the stupid sparks I was feeling I could tell Chad found me.

He kneeled down in front of me and brushed a stray lock of hair from my face. I pulled away even though his gesture calmed me down a bit.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

With a scoff I said, "That seems to be the only word you know around me,"

"It's one of the words you deserve to hear from me especially," he said back.

"Well I don't expect to hear it more than once,"

"I swear that every time I say it, I say it with meaning,"

"Maybe if you quit screwing up so much you could've said it just once with the whole gratitude." I finalized. My words left us both in silence.

"Did you two ever do it?" I asked randomly. I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm talking about and I know that info like that is suppose to be personal but my mate probably had sex with another she-wolf and I just want to know if I'm right or not.

"Lily-" Chad said hesitantly before I interrupted him.

"Did you?!" My voice grew louder as I dreaded the answer to come. Chad looked frustrated as he ran a hand through his dark hair and heaved a sigh. I almost felt sorry for the guy.

"It was just a few times," he finally worked up the balls to say.

My heart pained at the info. Of course he had sex with someone else. It's not like I was around to satisfy his manly need.

"Look, it ment nothing. Lauren means nothing to me," Chad tried to tell me.

"Oh, so you played with her heart like you did mine?" Knowing I was right, he shut up. So I'm not the only heart Chad's probably broken.

"Why do you always do this to me, Chad?" My voice shook as all the emotions I was feeling started to fall freely. "Why do you keep on hurting me like this?"

I looked up and saw that his eyes were watery. He too looked hurt and something else flashed in those eyes of his. "You know it will never be my tendency to hurt you on purpose, Lily. Things happen, people make mistakes and sometimes they do all they can to fix them. And that's what I'm trying to do but it's like you won't let me," I continued to listen as Chad poured his heart out t

"I've been through a lot too," Chad continued. "The constant disdain towards me from other people because of my mistake. My wolf has been on edge too since that night. We've both been affected by the rejection and we both know what the pain feels like,"