Chapter 9

Tia Mowry :) as The Moon Goddess^^

°°°
Lily's P.O.V.

After that meeting with the Alpha and Luna of the Blood Moon pack, I've started to get worried about my secret. If the rogues find out who I am, I could get kidnapped. And what if they steal my necklace? Then I wouldn't be able to defend myself.

"Stop chewing your fingernails!" My mom slapped my fingers from my mouth. "Now will you listen to me?"

"Sorry, mom." I pouted and apologized. "Now what were we talking about?"

"Your birthday! For next month? Have you not heard a word that I've said?" She was starting to get a bit mad at my ignorance.

"Sorry, mom." I said again, and this time I turned my attention to her.

"You know what? Never mind. We'll talk about this when you're not clearly this distraught." Mom gave me a squeeze and got up. Taylor walked in as she left.

"Wattup, Ily?" He jumped into the couch and ruffled my hair.

In a huff of annoyance I pushed his hand away. "Stop! I straightened it this morning!"

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"Where's Kara?" I haven't seen her in a while.

"She's been busy hanging out with Amanda," There was something in his voice that told me how he felt.

"You're jealous..." I taunted him. He hushed me up but I only grinned at him.

"And where's Chad?" Taylor asked me this time, leaning forward with a smug smile on his face.

"Speak of an angel and he will appear," Chad appeared and came in to where we were.

His smile greeted me first, followed by a peck on the cheek. Taylor shook his head.

"I'm gonna puke." With that said, he descended.

Chad shrugged and got beside me on the couch. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him, legs tucked underneath me. I inhaled his sweet masculine scent.

"So what you wanna do today?" Chad looked down at me.

"I don't really know," My choices were sloppy and I wasn't always the best when choosing an activity to do with someone.

"How about something we both like. Netflix and chill?" He asked and smirked. Chad knew I was a sucker for Netflix.

"Netflix and chill." I confirmed.

°°°
"So sad," Chad sniffled beside me. I looked up from his chest and into his eyes to see them filled with tears. Somehow Chad and I ended up watching The Notebook. At the beginning he wouldn't quit nagging me about how boring it was going to be. Throughout the middle he was beginning to get interested and now, at the end, he broke.

"Oh my God, Chad!" I couldn't keep myself from smiling at his softness. "Stop crying," I peppered him with soft kisses until his waterworks died down.

"I can't believe I just cried over a romance movie," Chad said incredulously. He shook his head and his cheeks grew pink. "And I can't believe I cried in front of you."

"It happens," I was beaming inside because I was crying too. How could I not? It's The Notebook for crying out loud!

"Well I'm going to take a shower," Chad got up and stretched. "You can join if you want." He winked and I sank my head into the pillow I was holding. I heard Chad chuckle all the way upstairs.

Hauling myself up, I stretched and went off in search of Dylan. As always, I found him with Amanda. They were sitting over sheets of paper, crayons beside them.