Being The Moonet

Rachael should probably consider getting her hair dyed.

Did she really think she could hide in this forestry with such a fiery head of curls? My best friend was far up ahead of where I was currently standing, peeping from behind a large oak tree. I spotted my target which she held in her hands. Her phone. With the most silent steps, I neared Rachael.

"Aha!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, a little bit too evilly. "I found you, you little mutt!" Rachael Gilmore jumped in fright. She clutched her chest and directed a glare right at me.

"Damnit, Lily! I told you not to sneak up on me like that." Rachael scolded me, her heart rate returning to normal as she recovered from her scare.

"Whatever," I swiftly pulled the cell phone out of her left hand.

"Hey! Give it back, Lily!" I turned my back on her, preventing Rachael from getting the phone that was now in my hands. Rachael clawed desperately on my backs, trying to pry the iPhone out of my hands.

I scrolled down her messages. Yes, I was violating my friend's privacy.

"Lily, please don't read my messages. They're private." She reached a hand over my shoulder but I was quick. I hunched down even further, using my butt to push Rachael away.

I tapped on the first message. The contact name had a check mark in its place. What does that mean?

"Lily," Rachael's voice was low. She was trying to sound threatening. "I'll give you 'till one to give me the phone. Or else you'll be sorry.

"Yeah, I don't think so." With those words, I ran away from her. I could hear her yells and string of very colorful cuss words behind me as I ran deeper and deeper into the woods of our pack territory.

I myself, wasn't too sure why I was running away. But my legs seemed to want to move. My whole body was responding to my brain which seemed to tell it to go deeper into the forest.