Chapter 3

Pic of Rachael (Holland Roden) ^^^^

°°°

Chad's P.O.V.

I woke up the next day with the sun streaming brightly in my face. The first thought that popped into my mind was Lily. Not wanting to think about her, I cleaned myself up for the day. Before leaving the room, I decided to do some work in my office. See, my dad thought it would be good to have my own space for werewolf business being future Alpha and all.

I pushed open the double doors and stepped in side my mahogany - painted office, the old oak floorboard creaking under my every step. I sat behind my big desk that was messily filled with papers. Not yet Alpha and so much work, right? Sighing, I set to work on the prominent papers laying before me.

I was halfway through a stack of papers when Louis stormed through my doors. He had a worried expression on his face.

"Chad! Rogues! A lot of them!"

"What?!" I out down my pen and rushed from the desk, walking towards Louis.

"They're already fighting us off." He ran a hand through his hair and sighed deeply. This was so unexpected.

"Get a few persons to help you get the women and children to the safe house!" I yelled to him before sprinting out of my office and up the stairs to Lily's room. I pulled the door open, not even caring about seeing her naked again. When I went in, she was slipping on red pair of converse.

As soon as she saw me she said, "What's happening?" Her face was plastered with worry. It hurt to see her like this.

"Rogues," I said bitterly. "Get to the safe room immediately,"

"What? No!" She protested stubbornly, "My future pack is dying out there. I refuse to stay in one place and do nothing!"

It felt good hearing her say 'my future pack' which would mean her accepting me as her mate and accepting the pack as Luna as well.

"Fine. Just please don't get hurt." She sent me a grateful smile. Then she surprised me by pecking me lightly on the cheek, placing pleasing tingles on the spot. She pulled away and ran through her door.

I was stunned and stood stuck in my position, thinking about what just happened. Lily just kissed me. Maybe she got over what happened with the whole rejection drama.

I was oblivious to what was taking place outside, but soon snapped out of my daze. I dashed down the stairs and headed out the door, my eyes pained by what I saw.

A lot of werewolves were scattered on the ground, almost dying. A few of them were my pack members but, fortunately, most of them were rogues. Other than that, the wolves were clashing. Some were shifted, others weren't. I scanned the area for Lily.

She was running towards a rogue, her black hair whipping side to side behind her. Lily did a cartwheel then an aerial, shifting mid air with her sharp claws extended. They dug right into the frightened rogue's chest, instantly killing him. I watched in admiration as she fought with vengeance until Greg spoke up.

'Don't get me wrong, I love our mate and I can't believe I'm saying this but will stop admiring her for a second and do something?" He growled, ready to take on any one.

I nodded and turned just in time to see a rogue creeping up behind me. Thanks to my reflexes, I swerved his punch and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. In a quick motion, I snapped his neck as easy as a twig.

The fight went on for what seemed like hours but eventually we won. A few of the rogues got away though. The men helped each other to the pack hospital rooms or just helped to clean their wounds.