Chapter 10

Merritt Patterson as Savannah ;-) ^^

°°°
Chad's P.O.V

"Come on, Hales! Please, talk to me!" I walked Haley down as she continued to give me the silent treatment. And I hated it. I might argue with her a lot but I love her and I hate when we fight.

She moved up the stairs while I pleaded mercilessly. She's been mad at me for 3 days now. And Louis has been avoiding me as well.

"Come on. Don't get your panties in a twist. Talk to me!" Haley stopped at her door, one hand on the knob and the other giving me the finger. She got in her room and slammed the door shut. I braced myself on it.

"Haley, please listen to me. I didn't mean to hurt you guys. I was too uptight and I wasn't sure how to react." For a moment, I waited to see what she would do. Still nothing. So I walked away, my mood darkening.

Until I saw my bright light.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Lily took note of my sad state. I couldn't even ponder on the fact that she just called me babe because of how I was feeling.

"Haley won't talk to me," I sounded like such a whiny kid but whatever.

"Chad, girls usually take longer than guys to get over things. Just give her some time," Lily smiled. She was right. She'll eventually come around. She always does. Come to think of it, over the years of us arguing, she was always the first to talk back to me.

"Ok, babe," I teased her. Her cheeks went pink and I chuckled at that. "I love it when you blush,"

"Shut up," Lily muttered and nudged me in the stomach. "Can't yo-" Lily was cut off by a loud roar of shouts.

"The hell?" I rushed to the nearby window, Lily close behind. Outside there was a huge mob of...

"Rogues." Lily sneered. They were pushing past out guards and warriors, slashing at anyone who passed them.

Lily and I ran downstairs, flying past the other wolves who were frighteningly scurrying to safety. My Dad was running around, barking out orders to the pack warriors. My mom and Lily's mom as well as Silvia, Third Roger's mate, were herding as much women and children as they could into the safe room. Everything was so hectic that an old woman, Cynthia tripped and fell at my feet.

"Oh my God!" Lily flew down to help her. I cursed under my breath and did my best to gently pull Cynthia up. Being old, she was already hurt and whimpering in pain.

"It's okay, Cynthia. You'll be okay." Lily and I got her to her feet and her husband Jack rushed over to help her after thanking us.

Some parents were carrying their children on their backs, or anywhere they could hold them, running away with them to safety.

"Chad!" My Dad called to me from beside Beta Craig and Third Roger. I rushed over with Lily.

"What's going on?" I asked in a completely worried state.

"Rogue attack." Dad answered.

"And we need both of you to help out." Third Roger claimed.

"Now more than likely, they're searching for the Moonet. So they'll raid our pack trying to find her, but we know she's not here. They won't believe us if we told them so we'll have to fight them off." Beta Craig explained. Lily let out a barely audible gulp. There she goes again. Showing signs of fear whenever the word 'Moonet' comes up.

"So you need Lily and I to help in the fight?" I asked. Well, duh.

"Yes." My dad answered in an obvious tone.