Epilogue

A few months later...

"Step on it, punk!" Lily Gordon —yes, Gordon. She got married to Chad a few months ago—screamed at her husband and Brian, her doctor. The pregnant she-wolf who was going into labour had been complaining since they wheeled her into the pack hospital. Chad managed to keep his cool and did his best to comfort his wife but Brian, on the other hand, was almost mortified of his Luna as to how crazy she would get. Brian had to admit, the woman scared him.

She also managed to be a bit feared by Chad. Lily never cared when she was pregnant. She would pretty much do anything and say anything because that's how crazy pregnant she-wolves get.

Chad recalled their wedding day. As they were exchanging vows, Lily interrupted him by saying, "Yeah, yeah. I love you too baby. But you know what else I love? Food. So put the f*cking ring on my finger so we can get the hell out of here and get me some burgers!"

The two men increased their speed with the stretcher and turned a corner, the admitted room up ahead.

"I sure hope I deliver the babies quickly. I'm afraid if I take too long with this one, she might dissolve me." Brian mind-linked to Chad. Chad couldn't help but to laugh carelessly.

Lily looked up at him. Chad's eyes widened as Lily's eyes began to water.

"You're laughing at me, aren't you?" She sobbed shakily. "It's because I look like a fat cow, right?" Chad's mouth opened and closed as he started to freak out.

"No, no, honey. You don't look fat... Or at least not that much." Chad immediately wished he could take back what he said as soon as Lily's eyes turned blood red. Brian glared at him.

"Well f*ck you!" She yelled at him which led her into a series of agonising screams. Chad decided to shut his mouth. A surge of relief washed over him as they wheeled the stretcher into the room.

Lily was in horrifying pain. Her back strained from the amount of pressure the twins caused against it. They were kicking around furiously. Not even her Moonet's energetic side could absorb that much pain. She wheezed as the men carefully moved her onto the bed. She twisted and tossed as the pain became more unbearable.

"Chad. I need you to calm her down somehow!" Brian ordered the Alpha to do. Being the sometimes arrogant Alpha he was, he didn't like being ordered by others and neither did Greg, but he swallowed his pride and listened so he could help his mate.

He rushed to her side. Lily was sweating and panting. He brushed away the hair sticking to her face and held her hand. Chad winced as Lily squeezed his hand too tightly. He could've sworn he heard a crack. Chad continued to whisper sweet things into her ear and it worked a bit.

Lily bit her lip and tried to stay calm as Chad comforted her. Suddenly she felt a strong impact on her tummy and she screamed out once again.

"Hurry the hell up! Get them out of my vagina!" Brian hastily slid on the other glove and sped in front of Lily.

"Here we go."

°°°

Lily was already out of breath.

"Take another deep breath and push. We need to get the twin out." Brian instructed soothingly. Lily nodded and did so, releasing another scream as she pushed harder.

The first twin baby, who was previously delivered, cried in her father's arms as if sensing her mother's discomfort. Chad rocked her from side to side, his eyes wet as he held his first baby girl. Her crying died down as she stared at her father in the eyes. A tiny smile appeared on her tiny lips watching her father's face tear up at the sight of her.