21

Sanaa

Why didn't I leave? Everything isn't going to get better, everything is just gonna get worse.

I should've listened to myself and walked out of that door.

Where would I have gone?
Where would I have stayed?

There's no one out in that world who would take care of me. Only Jesse,but I don't wanna go down that path again.

Still, I'm gonna be waking up in the middle of the night with a fist full of cries.

Begging God to end my life repeatedly because I just can't be thankful for one thing. At least I have Zach, I mean he's trying right?

I know he has serious anger issues and he refuses to have help,so I signed up to be his personal punching bag.

My face still hurts from last night when he hit me,it stung so bad an-
"Are you okay?" Zach interrupted my thoughts.

I stared at him for a while and nodded my head.

"Yeah,I'm just out of it today. "I explained. He looked to me worried and touched my cheek.

"Are you still hurting?" He asked me.

"Yeah a little." Little=a lot.

"Drink your coffee, I'm sure it will help." I stared at the cheap McDonald's coffee I had bought myself. I forgot that I still had it in my hands. I didn't even drink out of it yet.

I put the cup to my lips and drank. It was cold,I spit it out and started coughing.

"How about I buy you more?" He asked.

I shook my head. He just grinned and we got up from the table.

He locked hands with me and walked me out.

Every time we walk up to his car it smells horrible,like something died in it.

I was willing to find out sooner or later but I always tend to forget.

Zach took out his keys.

"Hey, can I check your trunk? I think I left my guitar in there the last time you picked me up from somewhere." I asked.

Even.though my guitar is in the closet at home.

"I'll check for you later." Zach said.

"I just wanna check real qu-"

"I said I was gonna check for you later. Leave it the hell alone!" He yelled.

"Zach....are you hiding something from me?" I asked him nervously.

He squinted his eyes at me and glared.

He then grabbed my wrist tightly.

"Get in the car,I have places to be." He snapped. He let go.

I got in quickly and clenched to my chest. I swear I felt my heart jump in fear.

He started up the car and started driving.