32

I kept staring at her as I usually do. She had on makeup like always, her highlight was always perfect but hiding under it was a 2 hour long beating.

I don't understand Zach and why he gets so rough on her. What did she ever do to get hurt?

I understand last night was my fault and I take full responsibility but I wouldn't have done it if I knew she was gonna get hurt.

I hung the last batman shirt on the rack and walked up to sanaa. I tapped her shoulder and she jumped.

She looked at me shocked yet angry.

"How you doing? "I asked.

"Honestly, aching. My chest hurts bad from last night's beat down. " She admitted.

"I'm sorry..for what I did. I should have never done it. "I apologized.

She put down the clipboard that laid in her hands. "Jesse, get back to work." She said.

"If you just listen to me fo-." She cut me off once again.

"Get back to work Jesse,you know that you aren't aloud to have small talk in the middle of doing your work." She then walked away. I rolled my eyes and went back to what I was doing.

Sanaa

As I walked away from him I couldn't help but cry a little. The pain in walking hurt bad.

I got to the music aisle and straightened some things up. Random people walked by,"hi welcome to target. "I said to them.

"I didn't know you were a target girl." I heard a familiar British voice. I turned around it was Matt.

I smiled and said hi. His hair was still in the black long curls. He had on a white tee and a leather jacket with black jeans and vans.

He admired me up and Down and smirked.

"So I heard Zach did a number on you last night, love." I rolled eyes.

"So?" I asked.

"So? Seriously? As in leave him. If he's hurting you then leave,no girl as lovely as you should be hurt." He said sincere.

I shook my head."oh....yeah you're scared. "He read my mind,

"Yes,I am." I informed him.

"Don't let the devil hurt you,because he's hurting an angel." He added. I smiled and hugged him. His arms wrapped around my waist and squeezed tight. I hissed in pain and let go.

"Go home. Take care of yourself,take a break." He mumbled.

"Yeah, imma do that." I let go and kissed him on the cheek.

He kissed me back. I walked to the break room and opened the door.

"Hey,Owen I'm gonna go home.I'm really hurting in my ribs and I'm tired." I told him.

"Yeah I've been noticing it lately. I'll get Tay to.take over leading the shift today and tomorrow. "He explained. I mouthed thanks and walked out.

I clocked out and walked outside to my car.