The Mountain

Paul Imagine :||

You lay on the couch, sighing heavily. Your chest ached for sleep, your eyes threatened to close, but you yourself couldn't get yourself to sleep. Every time you tried, something chilling came to you. It's been like this since Paul beat you last week. You knew it was only drunken rage, but what if Paul knew deep down he was beating you? This caused you disease. A bit of worry.

You let your eyes wonder to the mountains outside your window, and thought, If I was a bird, I could fly away from this all right now. I could fly past the mountain and be free.

But you weren't going to fly away anytime soon, no. All you could do was pray for a moment of peace. As you were drifting off to sleep, a knock sounded on your door.

You got up from your cozy place on the couch. You scratched your head, and opened the door.

"Y/N, I owe you an apology." Paul said, looking down at his feet.

"Yessir, you do. You haven't the slightest of what I've been going through. I shan't accept you in my house again, that's for sure. Not if you're to treat me like this!" you said, pointing to your eye.

"It was all for not. I was drunk to rid my pain, to leave from reality. I see my drunken ways have caused you much pain. Please do accept my apology." Paul begged.

"See those mountains?" you asked, stepping aside so the window was visible. "I've stared at them since you beat me, and I've wanted nothing more than to just be a bird a fly. Fly far, far, far away from here."

Paul nodded his head, "I understand."

"No, Paul. You weren't the one beaten for no reason."

"You're beating me up right now! I'm hurt too, you know. I came to apologize, and you start a talk of birds and mountains!" Paul complained.

"Look, you're the mountain in my way. I think it best if we go on alone." You said quietly.

"Y/N, I love you..."

"Paul, it's best you go."

The End.
PART TWO COMING LATER!