The Wedding (Modern AU)

They could hardly believe it was happening, 7 years to the day in waiting and it had finally arrived.
Remus John Lupin, the smitten, 26 year old werewolf was about to marry the love of his life. 

Sirius Orion Black, the smitten, 25 year old trying-too-hard emo was about to marry the love of his life.

The wedding was simple but elegant, the vows would be said as the clouds turned pink against the blue sky and the first dance would partake under the blazing fire of the ending day. Everything would be perfect. 

Nothing was Traditional, not even the attire; Sirius would wear ripped jeans, much like most other days. The jeans paired with a black shirt, for once buttoned right to the top. Black combat boots and leather bracelets completed the look. The front of his hair was pulled back in two little plaits to avoid it interrupting his first kiss as a married man. 

Remus would wear light blue jeans, not unlike that of his everyday wear. The jeans would be paired with a burgundy shirt under a cream knitted jumper, much more fitted than one he would wear on any other day. black Vans and a checked bow-tie would complete the look. His hair would fall in it's naturally perfect manor.

The vows were written personally by each man, perfectly representing their love for one another, each ending with a promise of eternal love sealed with the Unbreakable Vow.

The guests were amazed, some in positivity at the splendour of the day, others in negativity at the obscurity of it all. No one knew how James Potter felt, he cried into his wife's shoulder the whole day and for another day after. 

It was 4:38am when the newly weds finally collapsed into their bed.

Sirius Orion Lupin, the man who had lived afraid of his surname, had broken away from the haunting legacy of his family name.

Remus John Lupin, the man convinced he was a monster, had found love eternal, love that he believed would never be within his reach.