《Chapter 3》

A/N : This chapter isn't edited for grammatical error so don't judge.

"The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention" ~ Oscar Wilde

For what it's worth,Freya doesn't even look like she could compare to Xander but maybe some girl talk over ice cream and a movie some nights is what I have been missing in my life.
Most women frown upon my line of work and yet when they are behind closed doors and satisfying their lovers they can be anything and anyone.

It's amazing what a costume and some make up van do. I see my job as a costume and make up. I don't let it define who I am inside or who I choose to be.

Women think being an escort is belittling the female side of the human species but it isn't. If I feel comfortable faking a relationship and not having sex with my client unless myself and my client are comfortable I'm not a prostitute . I'm a hired companion. I'm only a prostitute in the moments when I'm getting paid and sleep with my clients which never happens often.So I do have some dignity.

Freya struggles up the steps to the front door with her luggage.For someone with a body like hers I wonder why one would buy such suitcases.I bet she could lie down in one of them and not even fill out a quarter of the thing and because I'm not kindhearted I simply watch her as she almost falls face forward into the staircase,I mean how can I not watch?It's fucking hilarious!I take a sip of my coffee before I gag on my laughter.
There's the doorbell.I open up for her and she looks dead tired.

"Good morning Eva. " She greets me cheerfully.

"Morning Freya,how are you?" I chirp.

"I'm awesome,how are you?" She responds.

"I'm okay." I say as I sip my coffee again.

"Great!Now are you gonna step aside so I can move in or what?" She says with wide eyes.

"Oh sorry,yeah." I say as I step aside

"You're not gonna help me are you?" Her face grows expectant.

I know I may seem like such a douche but why should I help her if I am putting a roof over her head and planning to tolerate her presence for weeks, months or even years to come? I'm kind but kindness only goes so  far.

"Not a chance.I already made breakfast for you so I've done my part." I said. She dragged her bags in through the door and paused to take a breath.

She looked up at me and she looked grateful."Can't hate you if you made food.What did you make?"

"Toast." I say impassively.

Astonishment dawned on her face. I live for these moments. These are the reasons I wake up each day, for these moments.

"You're kidding right?" She seems to have turned incredulous now.

"Nope." I say as I pop the P and sip my coffee.

Her face turns heartbroken that's for sure. For the love of all things sacred she looks like I just shot a dog in the face for wagging its tail. I cant even keep it in anymore and I burst out laughing.