《Chapter 19》

This chapter is not edited for grammatical errors so don't judge me. THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT but I cannot confirm that I'm back from my hiatus.

"You keep me humble, you keep me focused every day, you know how to put a smile on my face, when I think about you all my worries fade..." – Meghan Trainor ft. R City, 'Thank You'

☆☆☆

I have been pacing my bedroom floor for the past fifteen minutes trying to gather up the courage to tell Declan the truth about myself. He has been sitting on my bed watching me the entire time, which, I must admit, is not making the situation any more bearable. "We've been together for four months now, I think it's time I told you something about myself that I keep secret." I blurt out.

"What is it?" Declan asks me.

I stay silent for a minute. "It's about my job." I say.

"What are you, a prostitute?" He teases but his expression changes when he notices how serious I look.

"Close." I say.

He narrows his eyes at me. "You're not serious are you?"

"No, I am. I'm an escort." I explain.

"And do you sleep with your clients?" He asks me.

"Usually we don't because its not part of our job description but escorts do have sex with their clients if both parties are consenting." I answer.

"And while we've been together have you been sleeping with your clients?" He asks me.

"No." I say. I never sleep with my clients. I feel like it strips me of my dignity.

Declan sighs and stands up. He walks toward me. "Then there's no problem because you're not cheating on me." He says and plants a kiss on my lips.

"That was easy." I breathe out. His reaction is hardly anything I expected.

Declan snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me close making me feel so small. "I'm not going to judge you, you've made a choice and I'm part of your life now so if your choice does not threaten what we have then I don't care." He says.

"I'm so glad!" I sigh.

Declan goes silent for a moment. "You mentioned a meeting today is that where you'll be going?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Go get ready." He says.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" I protest.

He chuckles. "No, I'm being a supportive boyfriend."

Boyfriend. I feel that I have called so many people that but honestly when will it mean so much. When the relationship matures further?

"I like this side of you then." I tell him.

I walk off to shower and then I grab a black pencil skirt and a long-sleeved, plunging neckline white fitting cotton top to go with it.

"I'm done." I say once I get downstairs to the dining area.

Declan stands up from where he is sitting. "You look great, here," He says handing me my phone, keys and bag. "Go get them and knock their socks off." He says and gives me a fast kiss.

"I guess I will." I say as I skip to my car.

***

As I walk around the agency in search of Katie who is nowhere to be found, I hear a man scolding a girl in one of the bathrooms under renovation. "Next time I tell you to bend over, you bend the hell over do you understand me?" He says.