《Chapter 14》

A/N: This chapter is not edited for grammatical error so do not judge. SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT at the end PLEASE READ IT.

"I'm looking for salvation, a place where I can find peace I don't know so I turn to you so many complications every day is something, I'm so confused." - Brandy, 'Escape'

☆☆☆

Maybe I should have just passed out when I had the chance only then would I have had to avoid having a conversation with my bestfriend slash brother, Efren, grilling me on Xander.

I am currently in a position to say I prefer my mother's interrogation to his.He literally has no bloody brakes.

"Efren, I'm telling you for the hundredth time that he and I are not together!" I whine. I'm really frustrated right now.

Efren smirks at me."Stop lying honey, I know there are feelings there." He says.

"There used to be. Not anymore." I mumble.

Efren's eyes glitter with interest."Tell me all about everything, I simply wish to know!" He says looking at me like he just expected me to spill easily.

"Not until you stop looking at me like that." I fire back.

"Like what?" He feigns ignorance.

I roll my eyes at him. "That!" I say.

"Oh, you mean like you're so adorable when you're anxious?" He says with amusement.

Ugh. Brothers do not call their sisters 'adorable' its disgusting.

I heave a sigh, face-palming. "Why must you pay me compliments when we're blood siblings, what is wrong with you?" I ask him.

He bursts out laughing."Don't get me wrong, ugly can still be adorable. It's all in the angle." He says through laughs.

I instantly regret opening my mouth.

"You're such a loser Efren. Our poor mother had to both give birth to and raise you,my heart goes out to her." I retort.

"Has anybody ever told you that you've got a dirty mouth and you're terrible at keeping things from me sister, you and I know it well." He muses.

This is true.

"Must you be so convincing? Besides I could be lying to you right now." I try for mysterious and it is an EPIC fail.

"About what, lying to me?" He asks.

"No." I say. I sigh and decided to tell him before I change my mind. "If I tell you promise me you will not judge me."

"Are you pregnant?" Efren's expression is one of fear.

Ha-ha, he's afraid of becoming an uncle I don't know if I should be happy or offended.

"No, ugh." I shudder.

"Then how bad can it be? I've wanted to talk to you so much for so long sister, ever since you just up and left to do God knows what, you've never visited, only speak to us once in a while and its hardly for long, why?" He looks sad.

Efren is such a baby sometimes.

"Mama and papa were beginning to suffocate me and you guys left home , I guess I had to leave too."

"And?" He pushes.

I might as well.

"I suck at being an adult. Xander and I broke up but he kept living here and we were fooling around and now he has responsibilities that will never change and probably only seem to grow. I cant force him to pick me over his responsibilities. I was raised better." I say cryptically.