《Chapter 7》

A/N:This chapter isn't edited for grammatical error so don't judge.

IN HONOUR OF FRIDAY THE 13th 

"I'm the kind of woman you might say is too good. I'll massage a man's feet, have dinner cooked when he gets home. But once they leave, the door is closed, and the locks are changed." - Angie Stone

"What I learned in jail is that I can't change. I can't live a different lifestyle-this is it. This is the life that they gave and this is the life that I made." -Tupac Shakur

☆☆☆

When Katie told me about Robert Smith, who is Mrs Smiths husband, being released I though the news was new. Sadly it was slightly old news and since I am hardly at the office that explains the time I found out. Today is D-day though and well I just happen to be at the office and Mrs Smith went to get him .Apparently, he's going to go back to living with her. What surprises me is that she doesn't seem at all fazed by his return. I think may be even more scared than she is.

"So he's getting out like today as in today?" I clarify for the hundredth time. I guess I cant just process the fact that we are going to be working for that criminal.

"Yes, Eva, he is, why are you so worried?" Katie asks me with concern written allover her face.

I sigh."The man's going to be our boss soon idiot." I tell her.

"I don't mind. He is pretty nice to look at."

I pinch myself to make sure this is really happening. Why is she telling me how nice to look at a married man is? Is it just me or does this girl have no bounderies?

"What the hell?" I ask her expressing my disgust and surprise.

"Its the truth and you will see for yourself how nice he is to look at."

"Have you met him?" That's the only way she'd be s sure about how attractive the man is.

"Yeah I have. He wasn't always a jailbird." Katie says, looking up at me for eye contact when she says that.

"I know but that's just plain weird." I tell her.

About two hours go by and Mrs Smith walks in with a very handsome man and she seems very calm so I don't think he's her husband.

"That's him,Robert Smith.In the flesh." Katie informs me indicating the very handsome man at Mrs Smith's side.

"It cant be!" I semi-yell because I don't want to attract attention to myself.

"Sure is." She says in a singsong voice.

"Why is she so calm?" I ask in confusion.

"You know how every beastly thing has a weak spot right? That beast's weak spot is his wife. He's a dick to the world but a gentleman to his girl. How he hadn't scared her off when they met, I still wonder." Katie tells me. That is by far the smartest thing she's said to me today.

"And I'm beginning to wonder too." Which is true because well I would run for the hills if some guy with anger issues approached me. I'm an idiot a lot of the time but not stupid enough to go out on a whim and go for it. Even if the sex is good I'd still leave him after he makes three mistakes. I'm too beautiful to let anyone, let alone a man walk all over me.

They stop a few feet away from Katie and I, but not so far that we cant hear them, well I can I don't know about Katie the walking gossip column here.