《Chapter 20》

This chapter is not edited for grammatical errors and I typed it on my phone so it'll have a bunch of typos.

"Can you roll down the window, I just wanna feel the wind blow in my face that's why I never wanna close my eyes I can feel a riot in the air tonight the kind of trouble you can taste and I can't wait" - Miguel 'The Thrill'

"It's just you and I tonight why don't you figure my heart out?" - The 1975, 'Heart Out

☆☆☆

I have never been on a road trip before, well, not as an adult. I do not know what to pick to carry or what to wear. What does one wear on a road trip, I do not want to be underdressed or worse - overdressed.

Do I give Richard a call?
Freya might know but I do not want to disturb her after last night's fiasco with her and the same person from last time having yet another bout of loud sex.

I can only call Efren, I am sure he will be thrilled to hear from me.

I take my phone off the charger and proceed to dialling Efren's number.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

Ri- "I see you remembered I exist sister, hmm?" Efren asks in response.

"I have a thing and I need you to help me pick what I should put on." I tell him, no greetings.

"I thought you were dating my friend, did he hurt you?" Efren's tone is serious.

Do I want to get Declan beaten up?

Not today.

"No...I'm going on a road trip, with Richard." And as much as I would have wanted it to be a date that is not what it is and I hate it. "So, will you help me?" I begged in a child's voice.

"I'm stuck babysitting Ysabel -" Efren began.

"I'm old enough to take care of myself!" Ysabel protests in the background. Her accent is thick with Spanish.

He sighs. "Nobody wants you falling for one of these white boys, shut your mouth." Efren tells Ysabel as though she is the dumbest person he has ever encountered. She screeches like a child and a moment later, I hear a door bang.

Well that escalated quickly.

"As I was saying, I'm babysitting so I would have to come with her." Efren explains.

"Maybe I could video call you and you could help me choose, I can't have people over today." I tell him.

"Why not? Are we no longer welcome?" Efren asks me.

Why would he think that? I mean, I do hate having people over but they are family; they are meant to annoy you.

"No, that's not it." I remedy.

"I see. Video call me then, I will help." Efren says.

Fifteen minutes of sorting through my wardrobe later...