《Chapter 21》

Not edited for grammatical errors and since I'm using a phone its probably got typos.

"We're trying to find an island in the flood, turn the lights down low..." - Max ft. Gnash 'Lights Down Low'

☆☆☆

Another ten minutes has gone by since our short stop and we are finally slowing down.

"Here we are." Richard says taking the blanket from the back and getting out of the car.

I look around but its dark and the only light is from the moon.

"Which is where exactly?" I ask staring through the windscreen of the car into a dark area.

To be honest I really hope he has not brought me here to kill me or something because I do not want to die in this outfit.

Richard scoffs."Obviously I'm not going to tell you." He says.

"Why not?" I ask with a pout.

Sometimes I can behave like such a petulent child.

"Family secret, join the family and you get to find out." He says opening his door.

My jaw drops at the statement."Are you serious?!"

"Unfortunately so." He tells me in a mocking voice.

My goodness!

"Why'd you bring me here?" I ask him because I think I have the right to know where I am.

"I wanted you to have a good night around me."

"Uh-huh." I say sort of urging him to explain further.

"You can sit in the car and wait for me to set up or you could help, what's it going to be?" He offers me and as cliché as it is...he never got the hint - men.

I look out my window and I can beging to name all the animals that could be out there.

"I'm scared right now so you can come get me once you've set it all up." I say to him amd turn my phone on.

"Sure." Richard says getting out. I hear him open the trunk and take stuff out.

After spending five minutes in the car playing candycrush saga on my phone I decide to check my social media but there's a connection problem.

"No phone service? Really?!" I complain out loud to nobody in particular.

Great.

I get out of the car and walk towards where Richard is setting things up with a lamp in his hands.

"Changed your mind?" He asks with a chuckle.

"Not exactly, why is there no service around here?" I ask him.

"I wouldn't know but that is one of the reasons I love it here." Richard shrugs.

I crane my neck and eye him."What are you a caveman?" I tease.

He stays silent for a moment as if he is really thinking about it."No, but I could be, sometimes. If roleplay is your thing we could work something out." Richard says to me.

My mouth opens slightly.

Did Richard King just try to  make a pass at me?

"But then again you seem sheepish in that department. Sandwitch?" He says in a calm voice as if he were talking about the weather. He hands me the sandwitch and I take it still gobsmacked.