《Chapter 25》

A/N: Guys share this book please!! It's about to get really good I promise. ❤ Let's get to 7K?

I want to start with an apology for disappearing for so long, its just that I've been dealing with some really serious issues which made it so hard for me to keep writing because I was too emotionally fragile and close to some stuff in this book but I will try still, i may not be back full time but i cant let this control me forever.
Please take time out to read my other story Burning Silver. I like it a lot and hope you will too.

"And in the end, we are all just humans drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." - F. Scott Fitzgerald.

☆☆☆

"You should answer that." Richard says. His blue eyes are shimmering like I have never seen them do before.

Has he gone completely bonkers? How can he be so calm egging me on to do that?

"I don't have to, he can wait." One of us needs to have their thinking cap on and if Mr King here won't do it, I will.
Declan is like a cancer, eager to spread his malice like the plague he is but no longer will I let him stand in the way of my true happiness.

"I will if you won't.", Richard says with a pointed look.

You have got to be kidding me.
"You're really stupid, did you know that?" I say looking at him through slit eyes.
Honestly, I don't want to know what's going on with Declan, I don't want to hear or see him or even think of him but I have to go through the whole thing to get past it.

I stand up and begin to pace, maybe moving about will make the time go by quicker. I'm studying the floors now, they suddenly become a good distraction.

"Hello?" I pick up and I can already feel my body recoiling at the sound of his voice, I realise it now.
I don't want to be with him; I never have.
"Hey, I was actually about to cut the line since you weren't answering. Are you okay?" He asks sounding a little concerned and yet robotic at the same time. I glance up at Richard, he's watching me, eyes blazing with a blue fire. Does he feel how I feel? I can't look away from him, he's looking at me like he's trying not to say something. At the thought of him speaking I look down at his lips. I instantly miss the feeling of them on mine, the feeling of him enveloping me and grounding me. The thought of it makes me breathless.
The sound of Declan clearing his throat on the other end of the line pulls me out of my thoughts.
"My hands were a little occupied so yeah. I'm perfect, how are you?" I ask him turning away from Richard so I can focus. He was distracting me and the fact that I liked it made it all the more difficult to pull out of the daze.
I never thought I'd ever be so consumed by a person that I felt them around me without a touch.

I can hear him take a deep breath over the phone, "Look, Eva," Declan says, "I want to see you tomorrow...maybe spend the day together?"
I roll my eyes at his suggestion.

"What are you planning to do?" I ask, starting to feel impatient.

"I don't really know, anything you'd like, we could go to a bunch of places even. It doesn't have to be just one place."
I turn around and see Richard, eyes still intently on me. Guilt washes over me, this shouldn't be so hard. Choose the one I want and be firm in that. I can't stand to look at him any longer because the conflict I feel inside is eating me up harder when I look at him.
I spin on my heel to look away from Richard so I can maybe think clearly, "Deck, I don't really know... you see,I-"
"I want to make this work," he says, cutting me off, "I know I'm an asshole and a complete piece of shit but I love you, you're different and I shouldn't treat you like you're ordinary. Let me fix it," Declan says with an urgency.

At his words I turn around and meet Richard's eyes. There's a hope in them I haven't seen in forever, I want it to stay. Still, I don't think I could be that for him, I don't see how.

My mind drifts off to seeing the big picture. I get paid to deal with Richard, I get paid to make him feel like he's feeling again. We were never meant to fall for each other and if he ever finds out he'll think it's all been one big lie. Better for him to lose me now than later.

"Okay, fine. Tomorrow." I answer looking Richard in the eye. Something breaks but it's gone before I can really see it.

"Thank you! You won't regret it, I love you baby" Declan says with excitement.

"Mm-hm." I cut the line and look down at my phone in my hands. Everything is so easy when you think about it.
I stand there for a moment, not really knowing what to do or say. Richard clears his throat and gets my attention.

"Boyfriend wants to see you I guess?" He asks, the venom in his tone is barely lost. Once again he and I are confronted with the reality of our relationship to one another.

I can only think to seize the day, carpe diem right?

"Yeah but can we not talk about that?" I ask as I take slow steps toward him.

"What would you rather we talk about then?" Richard asks me once I'm stood immediately before him.

I take the risk and decide to straddle him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"More like, what I'd rather we do," I say as I move my face closer to his, I can feel his breath mingle with mine. The mere proximity of him has me catching my breath.

The art of seduction involves many things, one of them is creating the illusion that the person you will be seducing is in control.

A/N: I'm so sorry for the nonexistent updates, I'd been thrust back into the education system dropped out then decided to go back and it's crazy. I love y'all though. I'm so happy to see I've got new readers!
Here's to 6k
Honestly you're amazing my lovelies!
Don't forget to VOTE!
Let's connect on Instagram! My user is @/Nankonde_