Introduction

"What do you mean, you don't want to continue with this?" Delius asked angrily as he slammed his fist on the table of his three-year-long fiance's table.

His black hair smoldered angrily on his forehead with sweat dribbling down his face like he was under the burning desires of a furnace, as his mind pondered on what he'd done for her to suddenly want to quit their relationship, "I've my reasons, Delius."

She said raising up from her office sit, as both their eyes stared dominantly at each other," I love you as much as you love me, Delius. But some things are not meant to be."

Delius Lanyard is the sole heir to a billionaire company his father organized during the prime of his youth. He is the typical billionaire we all read about in romantic novels except the fact that he fell in love with the most cold-hearted human, the earth could have produced.

He isn't just a billionaire per se, he is also the alpha to the ruthless and strongest pack named 'Stallion Reigns', which probably makes you wonder why a hot, handsome alpha like him would pursue after an arrogant African businesswoman like Christine Veronica Michaels who happens to not only be the love of his life but his mate.

"Take a seat," he pointed towards her office chair as he slipped the buttons of his suit jacket open, fanning himself with it as she took a sit still staring at him straight in the eyes.

"There is nothing you can say or do that will change my mind," she said calmly as her voice started hunting his mind, while he tries so hard not to lose control of his wolf as his fairly white skin turned red from the fact that a mere human was rejecting him.

A whole alpha of Stallion Reigns pack and one-half of the Lanyard twins, whose names send enemies to hell before they make any form of contact.

"You can't just break us up without a valid reason, even if there was a reason you're still mine. Your whole body is mine, your heart is mine, your legs are mine and no one will ever make you scream as loud as I can." He said through gritted teeth as he arched his back on her table staring her down while using both his fisted hands to hold himself still as he narrowed his gaze at her, annoyed.

"We've been together for four years now and the reason we are not married is that you keep finding a reason to postpone it and now you want to cut us off? Over my..."

He was cut off by an aggravated Christine, "here," she removed his 12-carat diamond ring on her office table, "get out of my office!" she said almost at her breaking point. "You know what I'll leave for you!"

She turned around the table and made her way past her personal assistant's table which just happened to be beside her office door, she walked to the door with her heart racing as she slammed the door shut, walking past her secretary -- who just got into the building -- as she pressed the elevator door repeatedly for entrance but ended up taking the long way down the stairs as she gave up on the elevator.

While Delius stood still in her office, still staring at the ring she pulled out of her ring finger. He cherished her so much that this was an unexpected thing to have happened to him, it all seemed so strange he taught as he boldly walked to her door, opening it has he masked his face with an emotionless look, hoping to find who was behind his mate suddenly breaking up with him over a text, 'a text' he repeated in his mind as he got into the elevator, pressing the ground button as he got ready to send a search party for answers.