Chapter 22

Thud thud thud, was the tune Delius's heart sang to him heatedly, his wolf wouldn't stop whimpering, whinnying to the words spoken to him by the doctors.

Even though he knew it wasn't his fault he couldn't just let it go...his wolf was right he could have lost her but making his way through the hallway his heart beat escalated to a threshold per second making every werewolf around him turn their heads to his direction.

'Calm down' he breathes, with his right side against the hallway's wall. 'Control yourself' he snapped at his wolf, his canines protruding out at his attempt to maintain control.

Taking another step towards the ICU goosebumps filled all his sleeves including his belly making him go crazy with need as he came face to face with the door, looking at her through the door's in built glass window he exhaled...inhaled before finally placing his fingers on the door knob, twisting it as gently as he could with warmth filling his insides he slipped into the ICU, looking over Christine's body before meeting Christine's gaze as she looked up at him softly.

His breathing stilled with his attempt to stand still, his heart beat quickened like that of a sewing machine cutting through cloth, before bringing his hands up above his head, shuffling his wet hair that kept dripping on the cloth borrowed to him by one of the doctors among those that insisted he took a shower before entering the ICU.

Even with a brisling hot shower bath he stood against the edges of the door's hinges with a sheepish smile adorning his chiseled jawline and hazel eyes, "you're awake?"

He bite unto his lips before proceeding into the room with his eyes stilled on Christine's slit opened eyes, "you're here?" Her voice came out husky, betraying her attempt at smirking.

Letting go of his hair, he cleared his throat while not also taken his eyes off hers,"Where else would I be?" The door closed behind him with a click and he breathes in the scent of his mate with a chuckle.

"You look tired, and horrible too," the bridges of his cheeks rose with his smile while Christine just let out a slight groan from her attempt to adjust herself, making Delius laugh even more throatily.

"You look like you were murdered by a thousand ants before being summons back to life by the gods of death."

Delius chuckled before taking a sit beside her, "Really? Is that the best you can do?" She scoffed raising her hands with dismissal.

"I thought you were kidnapped, why are you here and not with your pack?" She asked narrowing her gaze at him, while he just simply bit his lips before smirking at her question.

"You're not even going to ask how I escaped or am I hurt in anyway? Nothing? So you..." Sighing he continued.

"Well I came to see how the mother of my daughter is doing, is there something wrong with that?" he asked standing up on his feet, he placed both his hands into the track suit given to him by the doctor.

"No," she whispered, taking a good look at his features before closing her eyes, inhaling sharply she continued, "have the doctors examine you?"

Smiling he said,"let's cut the crap, I came here to get answers to my questions and am not going to leave here without getting them,"

"Who said I won't answer your questions?" They both looked over each other with a point blank expression wearing over their faces.