Chapter 5

Upon hearing the news of her coworker's death Rebecca dressed up and made her way to the office, has Christine's secretary she had to be available for Christine. Since she knew where everything was. So she packed her car on the road side, in front of Delius's car -- so her car was facing the front of his.

Where she spotted him and his twin slip into his car. She sat still on her car seat just watching his chiseled jaw and admiring the way his messy hair made him look like a bad ass so early in the morning, and the way he spoke that made his pink plum lips juicy while she secretly wondered how he moaned in bed.

Slapping herself mentally, she watched his car drive beside hers, catching Darryl's gaze, she moved her eyes from their car and faced the front of hers. Getting off her car, she walked to the yellow line but was stopped by an officer who informed her that the place she wanted to get into was a crime scene.

"I work here!" She huffed the fifth time waving her blonde hair in distress. "Here is my ID," showing it to him the police officer pulled up the line for her as he wasn't ready to deal with a 'crazy blonde bimbo' so early in the morning.

When she finally got into the company's sitting area, a certain heat ran through her as all eyes fell on her. "Good morning boss!" She said shyly, coming to a stop beside Paul, who looked at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes but even he couldn't hide the sorrow he felt for the lose of Christine's twin.

She was the opposite of Christine even though they were identical, her charisma, sense of humour and humility made him almost fall for her but she had one problem. Just one that made him and Christine turn a blind eye her way, when she failed to quit it.

"All security cameras between 9pm till 10:30pm where on repeat," the assistant came back into the room and the detective got back to his senses.

"And you said that she died at around 9:45pm last night?" Christine looked at him but had zoned out to the time the glass cup broke and the milk spilled from it...searching her memory for the exact time the incident occurred when her eyes suddenly saw the time on her microwave timer.

"Christine!" James called to her, pulling out the chair from her receptionist's desk, "take a sit!"

"No am fine," she waved him off, "so what's your conclusion?" She asked the detective, biting her lips.

"If her body temperature was found to be 31 degrees Celsius and the man's as a werewolf was around 47 degrees, it only means they died at exactly the same time, or two people were involved in the crime scene, or maybe..." He stopped, looking at the floor before asking,

"Did Alec come to work yesterday?"

"I wouldn't be sure, but we have a register for that," she said now looking at Rebecca, who was about to leave to look for the register.

"Wait a bit, I'll need the register for the past three days. And what's the name of your twin sister, do you know where she works at, or who might want to have her dead?"

"No, but her name is Katherine Michaels," she breaths out, only for her chest to swell with the sudden rise of a hiccup.

"Would we be able to resume work today?" Everyone's eyes fell on Rebecca, but her eyes were set on her boss's face who didn't have the strength to reprimand her for the 'stupid question' but Rebecca won't mind taking the whole week off if possible.