Chapter 1

So, after concluding her meeting and making sure all her other meetings had been scheduled to a more appropriate time, Christine gave both her personal assistant and her secretary the day off as she now sat hopelessly inside her car contemplating what to do as she hummed to 'I like it by cardi B ft bad bunny and the other'

Her mind was so dazed that she scratched her scalp for a solution to the sudden loneliness she felt before dialing her best friend's number, "Paul" she said as soon as he picked up the call.

"That's his name baby," he said in a teasing tone as he sat in his alpha's office staring at his alpha with a smirk, before standing up as he walked out of his office. "What's up?" He asked worriedly when he was met with silence instead of Christine's scoffing sound.

"Can we meet up today?" She asked him with a crack to her voice as she played with her car's radio, trying to find a suitable song on her USB drive before settling for 'one ticket by kizz Daniel ft davido'

"Don't worry your butt, my love, I got you," the beta responded knowing something was up with his admirable best friend, "should I bring a tiger along with me or the whole forest?" He questioned with a smirk on his lips as he rested his head on his alpha's door.

"No, why don't you bring the whole world's wild animal with you," she said sarcastically as her lip caved with a smile, "my house! Or should I come to yours?" She asked and the beta cocked his head to the side expecting her to see him pondering.

"That's fine, I'll be there in thirty!" He said and she pressed the end button getting out of her car, as she made her way to the restaurant she had packed her car beside. While Paul got back inside his alpha's office with a mysterious grin on his face.

Fifteen-minute later, Christine arrived at her house to find her best friend's dark blue polo Vivo 2018 model packed outside her house, surprised, she turned off her ignition and got out of her vehicle which Paul accompanied by Xavier, Carrissa and his alpha did the same.

Paul being a very toned tan man with a height taller than that of Delius by five inches got out of his car, with a gift in hand, his long legs carried him to Christine with little effort as he scooped his friend up, inhaling her scent with a crunch to his nose.

"Am so sorry baby, for not being the first to wish you a happy birthday," he said moving back a little as his nose tries to justify why his friend was smelling of alcohol. "Were you drinking and driving?" His brows rose up to the brick of his cherry blonde hairline as Christine spun him around so she could get to her other friends, ignoring Paul.

After hugging everyone including the alphas pregnant mate with her memorized smile, she invited them all inside asking the men to assist her with the restaurant food she had bought.

Paul knowing her house like the back of his hand, ushered the rest to the kitchen where he helped arrange the food in the fridge, "we didn't mean to forget your birthday Christy," Xavier said walking over to hug Christine from behind, making sure not to hug her too tightly as he knew she had already found her mate.

"Ah, don't sweat it Xavier I got us covered, baby!" Paul screeched from the kitchen and they all held their ears tight to prevent the extinction of their sharp hearing.

"Don't worry about it!" Christine exclaimed acting sweet as she pulled out of Xavier's embrace -- even she had forgotten her own birthday but lets not spoil the fun by telling the others.