Chapter 24

"You called for me?" Darryl asked, stepping into Delius's office to find the back of his chair facing him. So he closed the door gently behind him,"Delius!?" He continued walking towards his table.

"Take a seat," Darryl huffed at his command before pulling out one of the two chairs in front of him.

"What's up?" He asked popping the p, "don't tell me you're considering going after the throne." Delius turned to him with a sigh, placing both his elbows on the desk while resting his jaw on his interlocked fingers.

"What do you think?" He asked softly and Darryl rest his back on the chair, folding his arms against his chest with amusement in his eyes.

"Its a very bad idea, obviously." He proclaimed with an underlining segment of seriousness in his tone.

"Why do you think so?" Delius asked this time in a whisper as though the walls had ears and if he raised his voice an octave higher the whole world would hear his secrets.

"Delius I do not need to spell out the facts for you, Christine just gave birth and your daughter needs you alive and less busy."

"Great! How would you like to seat on the throne?" They both stared at each other dead serious and Darryl looked dumbfounded for a second or two,

"I'd rather seat on that chair than hung around with lycans, that's your ordeal leave me out of it, I never told you to go and kill their king." He said utterly blasphemed, making Delius chuckle as he bit his lips from trying not to laugh out loud.

"Aghhh, am tired of this." He groaned standing to his feet, "everything is just messed up at the moment, I don't know my status with Christine and Xavier's incident isn't making anything easier. Then there is this beef going on with prince Calumet and I and Joyce turning out to be Paul's mate as well. Everything is just messed up." He said looking straight at his twin as he took his seat on the edge of his office table.

Sighing while using the foot of his right palm to rub his eyes, "there is something else," Darryl looked up at him with his eyes furrowed, trying his best to remain calm and patient as it's not everyday he sees Delius talking about his inner tumours.

"Joyce said she made love to me while I was asleep," he said stretching his hand out. "I need to know if that's true or not. I don't think I'd be aroused while severely injured...she is probably just bluffing." He rose from the table, walking back to his seat.

"What are you planning on doing to her? If Christine hears of a possible pregnancy I doubt she had ever want anything to do with you," Delius shared a look with him.

"Maybe she won't want anything to do with me but I will have something to do with her. I know how to get Christine where I want her, but as for Joyce, she belongs to Paul not me...we don't even match in anyway and she is not even my type." He breathes cocking his head to the side, as he rotates his chair back and forth.

"You caused this when you decided you wanted to marry mom and dad's choice of girl, and if you had Christine in your palms as you said while isn't she eating from it?" He asked standing up from his chair, "maybe you should have a word with Paul concerning Joyce, we need all the help we can get if we are going after the throne."

"A word?" Delius asked his descending body.

"Yeah so he knows where you stand in the matter. He is a friend after all." He looked back at Delius as he opened the door.