Chapter 12

Taking his seat in the waiting hall, his mom walked to him, "what happened?" She asked him worriedly but with her eyes stern as she looked at her son's sad demeanor.

To her, he hadn't been the same since he found 'her' which she hasn't found either bad or good, yet at least, has she still has doubts about his readiness with the issue at hand. Even though his lycan shows the natural possessiveness a lycan has to it mate, the odds of him being able to control him as time passes lies slim to fate.

"What did the doctors tell you mom?" He looked up at his mother with sadness marring deep in his eyes, his nose and ears red from over thinking.

"Lets go to somewhere more private!" She urged bending to his level as he stood up begrudgingly, walking side by side with his mother while her guards walked a safe distance behind them.

They continued walking out of the hospital slowly, irritating the Prince at the distance he was from his mate. "Where are we going to?" He asked with irritancy, scratching his head as he looked at his mom with his nose flared up.

"Home!" She said flatly as she fastened her pace while Calumet's mouth formed a 'what' before his mom interrupts him from talking, "we will talk on the way home,"

"No mother, I can't leave my mate with strangers especially with the condition she is in now," he came to a stop in front of the Queen, stopping her from walking forward,"tell me here," he said stubbornly and the Queen shifted, taking the space beside him to walk to the car with him striding close behind her.

Getting into the car's back seat as the guards took their seats in the front starting the car, "some matters aren't meant for public ears," she said looking straight through the car's front mirror.

"Okay, then say it!" He turned to his mom shrugging his shoulders up while the car was being driven to the palace.

"Well I need you to promise to take heart to what
I'm about to tell you," she pressed knowing how stubborn her son can be.

"Promise!" He said and his mom's eyes roamed his face in wonder, he did resembled her a little with the likes of his blonde hair and electric blue eyes and the texture of his skin.

Other than that he got his father's stubborn yet inwardly soft personality so she proceeded trusting her motherly instinct that he'll be able to handle the truth, "your mate was raped when you found her," his eyes stilled as he checked for any motion that indicates she was joking with him.

"Her womb was spoilt by the act," she took a deep breath watching her son's emotionless face quietly, "so they called me to ask for permission to do the necessary tests and scans needed to see if there was a possibility of her being able to conceive."

His eyes and nose turned a deeper shade of red as he still looked at his mother before shifting back properly on his seat, staring out the window to better control his emotions.

"They also called me to inform me that her sister needed an urgent surgery in which the needed practitioner isn't around and would need our help transporting her to the hospital in time for the surgery." She said springing up to use her hand to brush her son's hair before he turned to her, his eyes red.

"Who did it?" He asked hurt while his mom stared at him with her most rare spark of motherly affection, wanting to hug him as tight as possible.