Chapter 10

The importune feeling buzzing through Christine's mind and body prevented her from focussing on what Bryan was explaining to her, as her thoughts wandered aimlessly with possibilities.

As she couldn't quite place how she forgot the date she had to go back to 'him', yet it had always remained in her mind, maybe she truly had fallen for Delius or why would she had risked what couldn't be risked? Her sister's life was by far one of the most important things to her existence yet somehow she became careless with it.

She had signed the contract, it was a blood oath of some sort, a loophole to her life cause regardless of what happens with Delius she had to fulfill her promise. As she never goes back on her words and never planned to.

Even if she planned to, she could feel 'him' coming for her, it was like a play of strings maybe like that of a guitar or that of a violin but she was pregnant the doctor had confirmed it earlier that morning and she now bore Delius's mark.

All things the contract had called against, and this irking feeling swimming through her mournfully has her perplexing deeper into thoughts, she really hadn't meant to take things with Delius as far as it was now.

Delius was just too stubborn to accept she didn't want him, which in true sense was a lie and now there was a child involved, "what do you think mam?" Bryan asked trying to get her answer on what they had been discussing but she was too deep in thought to coerce.

All she had asked for in the contract was to complete her education and some time to get to know herself and fulfill her dreams as all she wanted to do was to hustle hard, hustle until she no longer had to introduce herself or depend on anyone.

But when she met Delius at a book launch, they spoke so well and purely that he had brought a smile on her lips in that minute, he made her tummy flutter with butterflies, but they were not just butterflies but fires igniting their souls into crackles...

"Mam?" Bryan clicked his fingers in front of Christine's eyes,

"Christine!" The aggressive sound of her name almost gave her an heart attack as she turned and looked straight at Bryan who sank back in his seat.

"Did you just call me by my name?" Bryan was about to shake his head when Paul spoke up,

"What are you thinking about? The guy has been calling for your attention but you look zoned out, are you alright? Should I get the doctor baby?" He rumbled stiffly in a teasing manner as he folded his arms to his chest, standing against the wall close to the door.

Christine rolled her eyes and wished he wasn't told about her pregnancy until she was ready but then again he was Paul the only other person that loved her perhaps more than she loves herself, "am fine," she groaned when she placed her hand down on the bed to pull herself up properly and it sent sandy waves up her arm making her rest it on her lap chiefly.

"Mam the preparation for the function has been called to a halt by the building owner," Christine's eyes almost came out of her socket when she looked down at Bryan who was seated
beside her with his notes in hand.

"When did that happen? We paid for that place and..."

"He refunded the money we paid for the rent and the money we used to organise the place, so our designer and manager are still currently looking for a place."