Chapter 15

They say those who sleep take no notice of time and those who have no slumber wished time was inexistent to their reality. But as the moon shone against the tar of the road, with the scared screech of a street cat over the passing of a human feet.

Christian lay in perfect slumber with her hand placed on top her belly, her brain ticking to a dream as she found herself laying on a bed -- a different bed from the hospital's. The bed was a double sized bed with a thick dark blue blanket dressed neatly on it while the part she lay on was ruffled a bit with stripes of stretch marks.

Pulling herself up, the hair at the back of her head sprung to the sight of only mirrors, glasses were her vindicate but too many made her eery. She looked around to get a better view of the room only to find out the room was completely made with glass and neither does it have a door nor window.

Pulling her feet down unto the wooden floor her legs flap against the helm of a gown -- as she used her hand to touch the silkiness of the material -- the rectangularly shaped mirrors that were placed beside each other like a wall with the part having a smaller length facing up and down while the longer length were adjusted together, to form a barrier between Christine and whatever was behind them.

But has she took a stand on the floor staring into one mirror, her image was immediately blown over like the mirror contained water, erasing her image completely as she took her first step towards the mirror directly facing her.

Calumet appeared in each and everyone of them instead of her self so she sprung around trying to look for him in the room but nothing she was alone in the average sized room.

Taking another step towards the mirror where calumet stood looking at her, water bridged with sparkles of bubbles through the gap made for the wood's linear expansion, hitting her bare legs with its coldness, the more she walked faster to him the higher the raise of the cold water and when she finally reached the mirror, staring into Calumet's stilled eyes as his face held no emotion to the water rising to her neck.

His eyes only piercing like a shard of mirror buried deep in her soul but she wanted to get to him, she wanted to get close to where he was, she loved him.

Her blood boiled as she banged violently at the mirror only for calumet to disappear but the water was weighing down on her neck, adding more weight on her legs as she almost knelt in the water, but she held the mirror for support banging at it once more.

The image of calumet reappeared but a lot bigger as all the mirrors held a part of his body making it appear as though his image was being projected unto all mirrors as she turned her head to look up at the ceiling but nothing -- it was only the ceiling's whiteness that met her eyes.

As she moved away from the mirror where Calumet's image once stood, the water surrounding her decreasing in height the further back her legs ran away from Calumet only for it to slam against the back of the bed, proceeding backwards in a slow fall a pair of hands grabbed her steady as she gasped with the garment she wore silkily moving along her belly as it appeared not altered by the water that had almost drowned her.

His eyes were cold as he brought back her legs to standing, only for her to escape his grip and run to Calumet with the fluid once again raising this time almost above her eyes as the part Delius stood staring at her remained dry and homely.

The pupil of his eyes were red yet sorrow laced angrily in their depth as his chest rose to the race to save Christine as she held the image of Calumet pushing at it while the water continued raising until it was above her head.