Chapter 19

"We were able to bring the child out alive," he said and Xavier's spirit rose happily, "but has for the mother we were able to put her into a medically induced coma as she suffered severe internal injuries...to which we almost lost her to. She will be medically induced back from the coma in a few hours but right now all she needs is an heart transplant," he said stopping to watch Xavier calm down before continuing.

"And we need to find an heart donor as soon as possible so we can reduce the pressure on her brain. Otherwise she gave birth to an healthy child."

He said before walking away from Xavier, who took a deep breathe in, standing stationary in front of the door as he tries to analyse the matter at hand, but his eyes soon moved from the closed door and to a nurse that pushed the door open, so she could push the baby out of the room and into the babies room.

To which Xavier stepped forward, walking over to her with a smile now replacing his thoughtful face as he came to a stop in front of the baby...bending down to have a view of the child placed in the incubator. His face lifted up more and his smile was just awe striking as he watched the folded hands of the child sway, he moved to carry the child only for the nurse to move the incubator away from him slightly.

"No one is allowed to touch her yet," the nurse said when Xavier rose up to stare at her pointedly.

"She is a she?" He asked perplexed in an excited manner, jumping up a little before composing himself and the nurse shook her head at him pushing the child away from him with a smile still gracing her lips.

"When do I get to hold her?" He shouted at the nurse with a tired smile as two more nurses came out of the room excusing him so they could pass through.

"You will be told!" He stood there staring so lovingly at the moving incubator even his dimple had become quite deep as he couldn't quite hold his excitement about being an uncle even though his alpha's child is still on the way...

"Hmmgh," he turned back towards the door, with both his hands slapped beside his nose he looked at the doctors who were standing in front of the opened room door. "Would you like to come in sir?"

One of the doctors asked him wearily taking a deep breathe in as his heart plummet when Xavier's eyes landed on him, "yes I would," he said with a smile, having removed both hands from his nose before placing them deep in his pockets as he followed both men inside.

Before an unexpected growl escaped his lips and his teeth clenched forcefully together with every intake of blood and Calumet's scent that weavers strongly into his nostrils like no other being had been into the room apart from him, but what made the veins of his head pop out even violently was the sight of Christine.

His eyes stared in horror, unable to open his mouth, so he instead tried pointing at her but his hands wouldn't stop shaking, as waves of discomfort emulate through his spinal cords, so he brought the hand to his head instead, shuffling his hair as he tried to breathe.

"Why...what?" He asked the doctors who were staring at him closely breathless, "what..."

"We had to..." The doctor that spoke earlier answered him and Xavier stared at him in horror and about to lose it, "the venom that was released into her blood stream, had quickly spread through her blood stream and has started eating it way through her flesh, so cutting off the affected skin was the only way to treat her and stop the others from getting affected."