Chapter 13

Calumet's face shone wickedly as Delius's mother's mouth failed to close, he was proud that his mate was a unique one, a special one he always reminds himself, "why does it look like your mouth gave up on you,"

He teased, sharing a smirk with his guards while James and Bryan both held a stunned look on their faces as they watched the scene peculiarly, but his eyes once again met that of Christine's -- whose gaze hadn't left his face since he got into the room -- and he felt giddy with relief breathing out of the way he stared back at her.

Christine looked away as tingles arose from the pit of her belly and a smirk naturally found it way to his lips, his blue gaze continued raking over her body, measuring it with accuracy, "your Majesty do you perhaps know where my alpha is?"

Delius's beta asked and immediately Delius's mother's lips closed as it suddenly became dry, she knew very well the punishment of marking another person's mate let alone the Prince's mate and to top it off no one was powerful enough to kidnap any of her sons but the Prince or is associates.

This was one of the reasons why she had warned Delius about Christine, she knew Christine was nothing but trouble...but her son didn't listen to her and now they are both missing.

"Your Majesty!" She fell to her knees, "my son didn't mean to mark your mate, he is currently engaged to your cousin and this is all just a big misunderstanding."

She cried touching Calumet's feet as the mother in her spoke in the place of her son, while Calumet looked down at her not appreciating her way of apologising, she held her up by both her arms as tears cascade down her face.

He couldn't care less as the rules were the rules nothing is stopping him from taking judgment, "I don't have your son mam," he said callously, while side glancing at the beta whose hand was resting on the iron headboard of the hospital bed close to Christine's head -- who had already straightened her posture with the turns of event.

"Your majesty we were not informed that she was already taken," Calumet's eyes shone with a frown as it furrowed daringly...his blood rose to his face, giving him more momentum as he tries to pull his lycan back from acting on impulse.

"She?" He left the front of Delius's mother, "she?" He turned to his guards who all quietly watched him with a smirk as the one with a murderer's eye chew on his gum, "she has a name and she will be your future Queen, are you trying to say that you can't feel me on her?"

He turned back to Delius's mother, pointing at Christine with a shaking hand as he tries tiredly to tame his lycan. "I'll tolerate no disrespect from you," he breathes like he was about to lose his mind, his eyes were exhaling to the rhythm of his heart.

"Leave my sight!" He said with so much power even James was almost compelled to leave.

"Cal..." She was about to call him when his black eyes met hers and his guards moved to drag both the beta and Delius's mother out of the room leaving James and Bryan at Christine's side.

"Can we be left alone please!" His nose was raised up as his hair flaps dearly on top of it, giving him that almost cute look except the fact that his lycan had almost completely came to the surface hence the greenish black veins around his face were visible for the world to see as he tries to gain back control, with his eyes closed.

"Come back after an hour or so we are not yet done," she said to Bryan who was being pulled out protectively by James, having noticed the fact that she truly was his mate from the new dominant aura breathing off her.