Chapter 16

The trees were all broken, slashed and covered in blood. The Amazon feel of the land she had grew accustomed to was now reeling in shame, its alpha was gone and so was its soul.

Everything felt empty as she expected him to answer her question even though the answer tore at her sight, irritancy hits her deep in her gut, as the air was stale and gloomy.

She felt nauseous at the sight her pregnant eyes detailed on, the coating of blood and sickening scent of dried blood with the altitude of big flies roaming the area as her rolling the windows close, Bryan following suit.

She tapped at Delius's beta's hand as she couldn't quite hold it in, opening the doors before the car could stop completely, she emptied her stomach somehow making sure not to cause a vomit splatter on the ground side of the car's body.

While the beta gave her an almost empty still water as he rubbed her back gently, giving her the little water left in the bottle to rinse her mouth, at least until they could get into the pack house.

But once she was done rinsing she got out of the car to which the beta followed suit, as he used his side door to walk to her. Taking the state of the spot she was standing on in, the sight of peeled flesh has her gaging as she felt the rise of another vomit close to her throat.

"What happened here?" This time her voice was more calm with an after feel of serenity as she walked on top of the fallen crispy tree branches, "answer me would you," she stated feeling antsy by his silence and the stench coming from the land's borders.

She knew very well no neighbouring packs was capable of causing this much damage in Delius's territory and as far as she knows Stallion Reigns was at peace with all of them so without further thought she turned to his brooding eyes and uttered, "did Calumet did this?"

His eyes held no emotion as Christine stared him down which was due to the fact that she was a few inches taller than he was,"we cannot say for sure but on the night we were attacked by what we thought were rogues we lost a lot of our men...almost all of them that went to confront them and those who made it through the battle had soon become delusional."

"Is this the reason Delius has been missing for days?" She asked starting to feel a little worried.

"We should get you inside the pack house," she shook her head about to speak but he walked the few distance between them interrupting her from speaking, "remember we didn't get any permission from your doctors and I won't want you to breathe in contaminated air for the sake of little alpha."

She agreed walking back into the vehicle where Bryan sat stilly, not feeling quite as comfortable as he did before. "You asked me to help you, you need to let me in on every detail of what happened." She huffed looking back at Bryan who met her gaze as the beta started driving to the pack house.

"You'll get to know everything just be patient," he said wearily as he sped up his speed, driving through the clear root recently made for driving as heavy trees had fallen grievously on the tar roads.

Reaching their pack house, Christine gulped at the sight of almost all the pack members assembled at the front of the pack house, making way when they felt her presence.

Bowing their heads she crunched her face not understanding the reason why they had bow to her when they hadn't for the time they had known her but then she suddenly felt an itch around her shoulder joints where Delius's mark was, and she gulped throatily.