Chapter 20

Inside the palace James stood patiently in the king's meeting room as he awaited the arrival of the king who along with the Queen had just gotten a call informing them of the arrest of their son Calumet, with the crime pronounced to them tearfully, the King wasn't having any of it.

As he strode his way from his office with an angry queen on his tail, picking up his speed he stepped closer to the door that held James who was being watched heavily by his majesty's guards.

Pushing the door open, the Queen stepped in right behind him as they both stared at James whose demeanor was nothing lower than that of an alpha. He stood up with his face frowned showing he was in there for business and not for games.

"Alpha James! To what do I owe your visit too?" He asked firmly, coming to a stand in from of James as his wife stood behind him, carefully assessing James whose eyes moved from that of the king to hers.

"With all due respect, I'm here for a friend that had been withheld against his will, in your palace."

Both the king and Queen looked at each other before the king pointed to the chair James stood up from,"please take your sit," he said before walking around the table with his wife beside him.

His steps where shredding the ground as his greenish blue royal garment cools the flames like a wedding veil. "Please go into detail," he said sternly pulling his seat closer to his butt while James stared at him heatedly from his seated position.

"Alpha Delius and his twi..."

"If this is about Delius my son has already sent a search party to help search for him," the king said slightly disinterested in the topic at hand.

"Then what are their findings your majesty?" James questioned respectfully looking from the Queen to the King.

"I have not seen my son in three days, so I have no idea what their findings would be." He said royally calm making James smile amusedly as he sat properly on his seat, pushing his chest out.

"Your majesty do you know that that's equivalent to the amount of days Delius and his twin had gone missing for?" He remarked his index finger forming a curvature on top of the table as he pressed hard on the table while the rest of his fingers remained folded as he stared at the king straight in the eyes.

"What are you trying to insinuate?" The Queen asked her features almost identical to that of Calumet's, "you mentioned that we..."

"That Delius and his twin are being held here against their will?" He interrupted the Queen as his voice rose slightly with bitterness laced fervently in the way he rolled out is tongue, "and I would like you both to search every corners of your palace for them," he said standing up abruptly as he rose his nose higher than the roof staring down at the king with his face redder than red could provide.

"Or else Calumet will lose his mate if you don't release the both of them." He finishes making the King's eyes narrow and Queen's face turn pale almost immediately.

"So it's true..." The king whispered out to which the Queen responded to by resting her head on his shoulder.

"What's true?"

"You guys will need to mask your scent harder than what you've done if you want to remain unnoticed inside," the lycan I had just learnt is called Snow said answering one of their questions after being persuaded by Paul who was currently bent beside him as they all gathered together to hear him explain the procedure on how to enter and remain unnoticed.