Chapter 3

Even if the anger of a lycan is gruesome, Paul's anger is worth cowering from. As he even has me scared to the bottom of my feet as he stood in Christine's parlor fuming at the fact that the police officers didn't arrest any one of those werewolves as the land they were on was a 'no mans land' which only meant the police had to settle the differences that had occurred as no one was hurt.

"Paul calm down," Xavier said having been the one to pull Christine's car with his car. "Calm your wolf, before you shift in here." He said sternly as he could feel the dominance seeping through Paul.

"What if they had hurt her? What Would I have done?" He asked pointedly at Xavier who sighed and looked at Christine who just lay on her couch with her arm over her eyes as she lay folding her right leg on top of her left leg.

"You still haven't told us the reason behind you and Delius break up." Xavier said rubbing both her feet with his palms while Paul folded his hand to his chest gaining back control of his wolf as his grey eyes land on Christine.

"Nothing, I just needed a break!" She said without changing her current position.

"Why would you need a break from the man you loved?" Paul asked raising his eye brow to the brim of his hair line in confusion.

"I have my reasons," she said and both Xavier and Paul looked at each other while Paul released his arm from it folded position and made his way to where both Xavier and Christine sat.

Sitting beside her, he ran his fingers through her hair, "baby, you know I got you right? And I promised to be there for you whenever you needed me..."

"You are here with me aren't you?" She asked raising up her upper body while Xavier moved from the couch and sat on the one next to it.

"No am not, tell me the truth I want to be of assistance baby," he said and Christine rolled her eyes irritably while Xavier interlocked his fingers, resting his elbow on his knees as he stared at the TV then them, "you know I got you," he reassured.

"Well, its nothing that serious," she started, playing with the elm of his T-shirt and he looked at her seriously with his grey eyes shone directly at her face.

"I just wanted to be alone," she said and Paul cocked his head to the side ready to talk but allowed her to continue, "I'm way too busy to think about any relationship, right now all I want is that alone free time to focus on my self and amend my life."

Both Xavier and Paul's mouth fell open at her excuse, "then why break up with him if time was all you needed?" Xavier asked, feeling a little queasy.

"Well because the dude is too stuck in it that he can't even leave me alone for a whole day without coming to visit, and that was starting to irritate me."

"That's the mate bond," Xavier stated raising his hand up to shuffle his hair. "Do you know that he is about to get married to the princess?" He said while Christine shrugged.

"I know and am happy for him, I don't really think am ready for that kind of relationship, right now all I need is to be alone and free,"

"I know you guys don't understand but I went to the doctor and he said that I should limit the stress in my life and..."

"By breaking up with him your stress will reduce?" Xavier asked sarcastically as he questioned if Christine was okay as all she was saying didn't make sense to him.