Orgasm Answered My Prayers

Chapter Two: Orgasm Answered My Prayers

((Playlist: Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy))

"Lys. I need to talk to you right now." Sophie found her best friend in the lunch line and grabbed her arm urgently.

Lys jumped in surprise. "Lord, woman, you scared me. Oh, sorry," she quickly apologized, seeing Sophie's expression when she said 'Lord.' "Uh, wow. Tom Cruise, woman, you scared me."

Sophie smiled. "Right. Anyway, this is pretty important."

"How important? On a scale of 'Justin Bieber died' to 'North Korea has declared nuclear war on the US.'" Lys got to the front of the line and grabbed her food.

Sophie thought. "Hmm... I'd say 'Taylor Swift is having a concert here.'"

Lys nodded solemnly as the two sat down at a table. "That is pretty important. So what is it?"

"Jackson and I got paired up to do a project in music theory," Sophie blurted.

Lys took a casual bite of her sandwich. "So are you-" she paused to swallow her food- "going to tap that?"

Sophie blushed. Again. "You know how I feel about premarital sex, Lys."

"No, no, no! I mean, literally tap. Just give him a little slap on the ass." Lys made a slapping motion with her hand, grinning.

Sophie furrowed her brow. "I'm not sure how the Catholic Church feels about smacking someone on the butt," she mumbled thoughtfully. Was it allowed? Or would it be considered adultery? She was only sixteen.

Lys gave her friend a playful shove. "Come on, Soph, live a little! Pope Francis will never know, I promise."

Sophie put her head on her hand, conflicted. "We only just talked for the first time today. We aren't quite there yet."

"That's why you should go on a date with him." Lys tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "Go to the movies or something."

Sophie blinked, remembering what Jackson had told her earlier, then pushed the thought aside. Listening to his weird punk music definitely did not count as a date. She pulled out her phone, pretending to check her messages to distract herself. Lys looked at her and almost choked on her iced tea.

"Did you really get his number that fast?" Lys exclaimed and looked at Sophie in awe.

Sophie rolled her eyes at her friend. "No, of course not."

Lys suddenly lunged across the table and snagged her phone.

"Lys! Really?"

After tapping a few things, a devious grin broke across her friend's face. She turned the phone for Sophie to see. Jackson. His contact information popped up on screen and, sure enough, his cell phone number was there. "Nice try, but there's only one Jackson around here."

Now, it was Sophie's turn to choke on her drink. "I didn't ask for his number!"

Lys smirked, patting her friend on the arm. "It's okay, Sophie. You just asked for his number; it's not like you filmed a porno together."

"But I'm serious!" Sophie snatched her phone back. "I never asked for his number! He must have stolen my phone and put it in there himself!"

At that moment, their other friend, Mikayla, sat down at the table with them. She smiled mischievously, like any good friend does when her friend is having boy issues. "Oooh," she crowed, "it sounds like Sophie caught herself a man! Who is it?"