How Many Drinks Do You Need Before You Sleep With Me? By Fall Out Boy

Chapter 14: How Many Drinks Do You Need Before You Sleep With Me? By Fall Out Boy

((Playlist: The Carpal Tunnel Of Love by Fall Out Boy))

Sophie passed out on her bedroom floor, as Lys had passed out minutes earlier on her bed. She would have pushed her over, but she didn't want to prompt anymore spontaneous vomiting or weird flirts, so she settled for the carpet.

When Sophie woke up, Lys was out cold, laying with limbs spread over the entire bed and snoring a little. Sophie poked her in the cheek a few times.

"Lys. Wake up, you lazy sack of potatoes." She pulled the pillow out from under Lys's head. Lys groaned and rolled over. She mumbled something into her arm.

"What was that?" Sophie leaned closer.

"'M tired," Lys mumbled. "'N my head hurts."

"Well, that's what happens when you drink four cups of 'apple cider,'" Sophie chided.

Lys turned and glared up at Sophie with groggy eyes. "Whatever. Can you get me an Aleve or something? And some sunglasses. It's so bright in here, geez."

Sophie smirked. Her curtains were shut and it was overcast outside- the room wasn't very well lit. "Sure," she said. She pushed a pair of sunglasses onto Lys's face and grabbed her a glass of water and an Aleve.

After chugging the water and the pill, Lys woozily leaned against the wall behind Sophie's bed. She looked confused. "All I remember from last night is a weird shirtless guy asking for Jackson to sign his butt... and someone carrying me bridal-style into your house... and was Jonah there? I remember him being there."

"Yep, he was there," Sophie told her. "The weird shirtless guy was just some crazy fan of Jackson's band. And Jackson carried you into my house."

"Oh. Wait." Lys bolted up and glanced around the room. "Where are your parents? Where are my parents?!"

"Mine are still asleep, but I think you better get going before they wake up." Sophie tossed Lys's clothes at her and began to usher her out the door.

Lys pulled her hair back hastily as they walked down the stairs, somehow fumbling it into a bun so she didn't look like a complete mess, but her shorter, fringier layers still feathered over her face. "Thanks for giving me breakfast, Soph," she muttered sarcastically.

Sophie, sighing with indignation, plucked a grapefruit off the kitchen counter and shoved it in her friend's hand. "There you go. Citrus is good for hangovers."

"That's complete BS," Lys said. She seemed to ponder this a moment before wrapping her friend in a hasty hug, "But thanks for covering for me anyway."

Sophie smiled faintly and hugged her best friend back. "You're welcome, Lys. Try not to get lost on the walk home."

"Geez, give me credit," Lys said as she stepped outside. "I was drunk yesterday, not stupid today."

She watched from the porch as her friend walked down the street, seemingly normal except for the fact that she winced every the sun shone through a hole in the clouds. For all practical purposes, people could have just as easily assumed she was a vampire as they could she was hungover. When she was gone, Sophie did a quick time-check. 8:30 A.M. She was surprised her parents weren't awake yet. Then again, they must have been out late, though Sophie had no idea how late a Bingo game could possibly run.

Stowing that thought for later, she hopped in the shower and scrubbed the scent of schnitzel and punk rock music from her skin. Amongst the steamy warmth of the shower, her mind was free to wander. On its own accord, it wandered to Jackson, as it did more often than she cared to admit.