70's Porn Star Sabotage

Chapter 30: 70's Porn Star Sabotage

((Playlist: Paralyzer by Finger Eleven))

"Wait, wait, wait, so you slugged this bitch?" Lys took Sophie's face in her hands. "Soph, I'm so proud of you. You're growing up so fast!"

"Lys, it was no big deal." She had to speak quietly to as not to interrupt the act rehearsing on stage- a couple of sophomores were trying to recreate the iconic balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet (not to say that they were succeeding).

"What do you mean? It was a huge deal. You were in your first fight!"

"And hopefully, my last," Sophie added.

"Bit of advice for your next fight, though," Lys continued, ignoring her comment, "dont punch her in the face unless you want to break your fingers. Go for the throat or boobs or kidneys. Or better yet, kick her in the shin or the crotch."

"I'm not trying to kill her, Lys!" Sophie exclaimed, blanching. "How do you know all this, anyway?"

"The internet," she shrugged. "So how did it feel? Invigorating? Rebellious?"

Sophie tapped her pencil to her chin. "Just... good, I guess. Kinda freeing? And it hurt a lot more than I anticipated."

"Bet it hurt her a lot more. She probably has a black eye the size of Wyoming. I'm surprised she didn't tell anyone it was you," she added thoughtfully.

Sophie watched the two onstage stumble through their act. "I have a feeling she wants to get revenge herself."

Lys snorted. "I'll help you fight her, if you want." She stuck her fists up. "Tell this Maddie to square up. She's goin' down."

Sophie smiled. "Thanks, but I don't want you getting in trouble. And I certainly don't want you to go to jail for homicide."

"I can't get arrested if I don't get caught," Lys said with a smirk. As the kids on stage finished up their mockery of The Bard, Lys jumped out of her chair. "I've got to practice announcing the next act. You should probably go warm up. You're on in two acts."

"Thanks, Lys," she said. "But remember, no homicide."

"You're no fun." She patted Sophie on the shoulder before making her way up onto the stage. As Sophie walked out the auditorium door, she caught the beginning of a cheesy theater pun.

She found the band in the Spanish classroom - where Evan had his feet kicked up on the desk, Dave was wearing a sombrero, and Lilith was drawing a skull on the marker board. She hopped onto a desk, eyeing the Spanish paraphernalia hanging all over the walls.

"Aren't we supposed to be warming up?" She asked.

"That's what the dress rehearsal bit is for," Lilith said. "We're taking a break."

Dave nodded. "Yeah. Jackson had some pizza delivered to the school. He just walked down to the front lobby to pick it up."

As if on cue, Jackson strolled through the door with three pizza boxes stacked in his arms. "Evan, you owe me two bucks for the stuffed crust and dipping sauce."

"Totally worth it, mi amigo!" Evan exclaimed, waving around the sombrero. "Let's eat!"

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sophie asked as they dug in. "I mean, a kid puked on stage a couple of years ago."

"We'll be fine, Soph," Jackson said. "Curses never happen the same way twice."

Lilith scowled. "I thought that was for lightning."