t w e n t y t h r e e | S t o r m

Hunter was now sitting beside Clea's bed. He was holding her hand like it caused his life as he rubbed circles on the back of her palm, placing small kisses on her knuckles every now and then.

Bain, Bryce, Peyton and Allie were soundlessly sleeping on the couch. For some reasons, sleep didn't came to him. He was far too worried and he wanted to be awake when Clea wakes up.

Clea's hand twitched and soon enough, her eyes opened slowly. Other than the IV on her right back hand, she didn't had any tubes connected on her, thankfully.

Before she started to talk, Hunter was already handing her a glass of water that he prepared awhile ago.

"Thanks." She whispered groggily. And then right in an instant, a sob escaped her lips and soon enough her cries was muffled because Hunter was already holding her for dear life.

He cooed, kissed her softly on her forehead, then whispered sweet nothings as Clea's cries started to die down and had turned into hiccups.

"Sshh, baby you're safe now. I'm right here, I will never leave you. I will always protect you because I love you." He said and felt Clea stiffen. "I love you so fucking much Clea, you have no idea." He repeated, hugging her tightly as if she'd dissolve anytime soon. Watching his girl being dragged away from the security of his home gave him the paranoia.

It was the scariest sight of his life.

"I love you too Hunter." She mumbled, looking at him straight in the eyes. "When you left to go check the cameras, while I was watching the beauty of the sunset, I realized I've never told you that out loud. But in my heart and in my mind, I knew I loved you the moment I got jealous of seeing you with another girl." Hunter gave her lips a peck.

"I will never, ever let you go. You are mine as I am yours." Hunter promised and sealed it with one passionate kiss.

By the time Clea drifted off into a deep slumber, the door opened and in walked Campbell together with Callum, Daxton and Sophie.

They immediately rushed to Clea's sleeping figure while Hunter hastily stood up to give her family the privacy. He's abrupt action caused his friends to jolt awake at the sound of a chair foot screeching on the floor.

They widended their eyes upon seeing the unfamiliar people inside the room and just one look from Hunter, they immediately scurried out without making noise.

They wanted to give them privacy.

"Hunter." He froze, slowly turned around and was surprised when all eyes were on him.

He cleared his throat. "Sir, ma'am, sorry for being rude. I'm Hunter Last. Sorry about what happened to your daughter, I didn't want you guys to meet this way, but it happened. Thank God though Clea's fine; no serious injuries base on what her doctor said. She just needed to rest for a few days to fully recover. She woke up about thirty minutes ago and started to cry but I calmed her down until she fall asleep."

They all nodded with a small smile. "I'm Daxton, Clea's father. This is Sophie, my wife and our son Callum." Callum and Sophie shook his hand softly, with an appreciative smile mumbling a soft thank you.

They weren't mad finding Clea at a hospital. And although they wanted to know everything that happened, now is not the right time to bombard the guy with questions while Clea was peacefully sleeping on the hospital bed.

When Daxton was shaking hands with Hunter, he surprised Hunter by pulling him into a man hug.

"Hunter, you are a brave and responsible guy. You've proved enough for us to know that you truly care for our daughter. And that is enough for us to accept your relationship as long as you promise that you will never hurt her or make her cry because if you will, intentionally or unintentionally, I will not hesitate on castrating you." He threatened and smirked triumphantly when Hunter stiffened and paled at his words.