Chapter 1

"I can't believe you haven't told her yet, Tobin," Lauren Holiday (AKA Cheney) said while driving on the way to school.

"Well, what am I supposed to say? 'Hey Alex, I know we both dreamt of playing soccer at Berkeley together, but I am going to have to crush our dream because I already committed to UNC.' You're crazy, Cheney," replied Tobin. 

Lauren laughed, "It's not both of your dreams, it's Alex's."

"I know," Tobin sighed, "but it would crush her to tell her that I already committed to UNC. But then again, Berkeley hasn't even expressed interest in her so maybe she is thinking about a different college."

"You better get to praying. Alex is determined to go to Berkeley," replied Lauren.

During the summer, Tobin was invited to a UNC soccer camp. Alex had not known of Tobin's dream college, UNC, so Tobin lied to Alex telling her that she was going to North Carolina for a family vacation. During the camp, Tobin impressed Anson Dorrance, the head women's soccer coach for UNC. Since the roster was almost full for Tobin's graduating class, Anson told Tobin that she had the end of her trip to give him a decision. At the end of her trip, Tobin said yes, without thinking of what she would tell Alex.

During the car ride and at the last minute, Tobin decided that she would tell Alex that she is going to UNC. She thought it would be best to tell her now while Alex has not received an offer from Berkeley yet. Tobin texted Alex telling her to meet her at the table they always sit at.

Tobin arrived at school and left Cheney to see Alex. She walked to the table already seeing Alex sitting there. Alex picked her head up from her phone and noticed Tobin walking towards her. Excited to see her girlfriend, she ran and gave Tobin a big hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Someone is excited to see me," Tobin said, "maybe a bit too excited. Do you want something? You know you can just ask me, Lex."

"Silly Tobs! What? A girl can't be happy to see her girlfriend?" replied Alex.

"You do not give me this much affection when you see me, unless I come back from a trip."

Alex stood there with her hands folded together up to her chin with bright eyes and a smile. "Okay. Okay. Look, I know you have something to say, but I need to tell you something first. It's great news!"

Tobin was reluctant to let Alex speak first, "Fine."

"Yay!" was all that came out of Alex's mouth and then she took an envelope out of her bag and placed it on the table.

Tobin read the words "Berkeley Women's Soccer. "Oh no," she thought to herself. She decided to act dumb. "Why is there an envelope in front of me?"

Alex looked shocked. "Can't you read? Open it and read it!" Alex said eagerly.

By how excited Alex was right now, Tobin knew that Berkeley wanted Alex. Tobin reluctantly opened the envelope and read the words she had wished she never saw. They wanted Alex to give them a decision by the end of the month. Not wanting Alex to see her distraught, Tobin put on a fake smile and went up to hug Alex.

"Lex, I am so proud of you," were the only words that could come out of Tobin's mouth.

"I'd hope so. Finally they want me! It took you two years to get recruited, mine took almost four. At least we know we are going to the same college now!"

Tobin didn't know what to say at that point so she lifted Alex's chin and pressed her lips against hers. Alex enjoyed the intimate moment, but Tobin wished she could have enjoyed it too.

Alex pulled away remembering the real reason to why they were at the table. "So what was it you needed to tell me Tobs?"

Tobin didn't want to ruin the mood by telling Alex she wasn't going to Berkeley. Instead, she lied...again.

"Oh, um...I actually can't remember, must have not been too important."

Alex let out a giggle, "Alright, Tobs. Hey, you should come over for dinner after practice tonight!"

"Tonight? Um, I don't know, but we'll see," Tobin replied while starting to walk to class.

"Is everything okay? You seem a little down," Alex asked concerned and intertwining their hands together.

Tobin didn't mean to seem down, but it was hard when her plans of telling Alex the truth were ruined. "Uh yeah. Just getting over a cold so I'm a bit drowsy. Sorry, Lex."

Alex still held a concerned face but managed to smile. "No need to be sorry, Tobs. Want me to piggy back you to our first class?" Alex smiled hoping Tobin would agree.

Tobin laughed seeing that Alex was always the goofy one. "I'd love a piggy back ride." 

Hey guys! So this is my first story so I'm pretty excited to share my ideas with you for the first time! I don't know what you guys think about it so please feel free to leave comments down below! This chapter is basically an introduction to get you guys an idea of what the story is going to be about. Don't worry it gets less boring from here on out! Stay tuned!