Chapter 5

Alex stood staring at the envelope. She was frozen and didn't know what to do. Her heart was broken, but little did she know Tobin's heart was breaking the most. Because in that girl whose tomboy style makes her look intimidating, is a heart that only yearns for Alex and whenever it gets broken, Tobin breaks down into an emotional wreck. But Alex would not know that because Tobin always hid her emotions from everyone, even to Alex. And once Tobin's heart was broken, it took her a while to put it back together again.

Alex snapped back to reality and grabbed the envelope. Her tears were streaming down her cheeks and onto the envelopes. She opened the envelope to find one letter and two papers. Tobin wrote the letter, and the two papers were e-mails from Berkeley and UNC printed out. Alex read Tobin's letter first which read:

Dear Alex,

I left practice early because I could not handle all the emotions that were forming inside of me. I was sad, frustrated, confused and I just needed to go home. These emotions happened because I found out you were recruited by Berkeley. I didn't know what to do. I was planning on telling you about my commitment to UNC, but you beat me by telling your news first.

I just got a call from Lauren saying that she told you to read my journal. I'm not mad, I'm relieved. I was hoping you would find it so you could find out yourself. However, it was stupid of me not to tell you in the first place. Anyways, I am headed to your house right now to see if you're all right.

But before I end this letter, I want you know that if an argument happens between us, read the papers in this envelope. You'll believe me then. Whatever happens, I just want you to know that I will always love you and I just want you to be happy. You are my first love, Alex Morgan. Don't you dare forget that, okay?

Love,

Tobin Heath

Alex wanted to cry even more, but there were no more tears left in her. She took out the two papers in the envelope and read the UNC e-mail first.

Dear Tobin,

Yes, you are able to de-commit from UNC at any time you wish. If you de-commit, you will be able to play at Berkeley without being redshirted.

You are also welcomed to join the Tar Heel family if you wish to transfer back. We will miss you, but we understand your decision. Just remember that we will always have open arms for you.

We wish you the best of luck at Berkeley.

Sincerely,

Coach Anson Dorrance

Alex was confused to what she had just read. "Tobin was telling the truth?" Alex thought to herself. She then read the Berkeley e-mail.

Dear Tobin Heath,

You are welcome to join the Berkeley family at any time you wish. We are so happy to hear that you are considering our school.

Please let me know when you are coming to campus so that we may talk more about your commitment here.

Sincerely,

Coach Neil McGuire

Alex wondered when Tobin sent out these e-mails and when she received their responses. Alex was worried about Tobin and she was mad at herself for not believing her and telling her that she was full of crap. She regretted everything she told Tobin and immediately grabbed her phone to call her.

Tobin continued driving in the night. She didn't care where she was going; she just wanted to be away from everything. She hated herself for lying to Alex. She regretted not telling Alex the truth because the truth could have prevented this from happening. She just hoped Alex read what was in the envelope and believed her. Tobin didn't know where she was and it was already midnight. Not wanting to go back home, she kept driving until her phone rang. She picked up her phone seeing that Alex was calling her. She didn't know what to expect from this call; it was either good or bad. But before she could answer the phone, someone else made the decision for her. Just as she was about to press answer, a car drove straight into her side making the car flip and spin uncontrollably. And just like that, Tobin Heath would never know if Alex Morgan believed her or not. And Alex Morgan would never know if Tobin Heath would forgive her and she did not get the chance to say "I love you" back. But in the end, Tobin Heath would not know who Tobin Heath or Alex Morgan was.

Got two chapters in... woo hoo! It will take me a little longer to update the next chapter because in all honesty, I haven't started writing it yet! ): But I will update as soon as I can! Thank you for reading...continue reading to find out the fate of Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan (;