Chapter 23

Tobin drove Alex's car and held Alex's hand all the way to Stanford. Once they arrived, Tobin made sure that Alex stayed in the car until she opened the door for her. Alex had texted Kelley about what happened so Kelley was standing in the front, waiting for them.

Tobin opened the door for Alex and Alex quickly stepped out of the car and sprinted to hug Kelley. Alex jumped onto Kelley who had her arms open to catch her.

"I'm so scared, Kelley," Alex said while tightening her grip.

"I know, Alex, me too," Kelley responded while rubbing circles on Alex's back. She then put Alex down and walked towards Tobin to hug her. "Everything's going to be okay, Tobs."

Tobin let go and walked towards Alex to intertwine their hands together. She looked at Alex and gave her a reassuring nod that everything was going to be okay. Kelley walked onto the other side of Alex and linked their arms together. They looked into each other's eyes and they both saw fear.

They arrived at Christen's dorm and they both looked at each other, wondering who was going to knock on the door. Tobin was about to knock, but Kelley stopped her.

"Wait!" Tobin and Alex looked at Kelley with a confused look. "What if she is some kind of psychopath? Should I get like a weapon or something, I mean you never know," Kelley said.

Tobin and Alex both wanted to laugh, but were too scared. Instead, Tobin just shook her head.

"Kelley, you stay with Alex outside. Hold her hand and make sure she is in your sight. Just stay right here and don't come in until I say so. I'll leave the door open so you can hear everything," Tobin said while letting go of Alex's hand.

"Yes ma'am," Kelley responded.

Tobin looked at Alex and gave her a light smile before knocking on Christen's door. She heard a voice say, "Come in!" and walked into the room, making sure to leave the door open.

Christen was lying on her bed doing homework and quickly sat up when she saw Tobin.

"Tobin, what are you doing here?" Christen was excited to see Tobin, but she could see that something was bothering her.

"We need to talk," Tobin responded. She made sure to kept her distance with Christen so she stayed by the door.

"Okay? Go for it," Christen responded.

Tobin had Alex's phone and took it out to show Christen the text messages. She threw the phone to Christen, "Please tell me that's not you."

Christen read the text messages and her eyebrows furrowed. "Tobin, I swear that's not me and you should know that. I told you I was fine with you choosing Alex instead of me. I even told you that I would be fine without you. Plus, I don't have a new phone and if I were to get a new phone, my number wouldn't change."

Tobin was convinced that it wasn't Christen and grew relieved. She was about to respond, but Christen cut her off.

"Wait, did you actually think it was me? You would think that I would sabotage a relationship?"

"The only people that knew about us were Alex, Alex's friends, Lauren, and Amy. None of them would send a message like that to Alex," Tobin responded.

"But you think I would?"

Tobin could not think of anything to say so she just sighed.