Chapter 19

*Before Alex entered the dorm*

Christen decided to surprise Tobin with a visit. She grabbed her necessities and made her way to her car. After about an hour drive, Christen finally arrived at Berkeley and proceeded to Tobin's dorm. She knocked on the door and put a big smile on her face, hoping her girlfriend would be excited to see her.

Tobin heard a knock and assumed it was Alex. Instead, she opened the door to a smiling Christen and she instantly panicked. Christen still did not know that Alex was Tobin's roommate.

"Christen? What are you doing here?" Tobin asked nervously.

"What? A girl can't come visit her girlfriend?" Christen laughed, "Are you not excited to see me?"

"Of course I'm excited to see you," Tobin embraced Christen in a hug. "I'm just tired, I'm sorry."

Christen looked into Tobin's room and saw the two beds were set.

"Your roommate finally came?"

Tobin's face turned pale. "Oh shit." She thought to herself.

Christen walked into Tobin's room and looked around. She went to Tobin's bed first and smiled at all the pictures she saw, except one. Her face turned into a frown when she saw the picture of Alex and Tobin together, but she hid her expression from Tobin. She turned to inspect Tobin's roommates stuff and her heart immediately dropped when she saw pictures of Alex.

"Your roommate is Alex?" Christen asked trying to sound as calm as possible.

Tobin was standing in the corner, not knowing what to do. She was scared that Christen would yell at her.

"I wanted to tell you, but-"

"She was here the whole time, wasn't she? You knew that she was your roommate once you got your room assignment."
"Yes," Tobin responded while putting her head down. "I didn't want you worrying about it."

"I would rather you tell me then hide it from me. Were you planning on telling me any time soon? Or were you just going to keep it a secret?"

"I was just scared. I thought you would be angry and would force me to find a new room."

Christen sighed, "I'm not like those crazy girlfriends, Tobin. I think I would have taken it better if you had just told me right then and there. Tobin, do you remember Alex?"

Tobin looked up, "Yes, but she's just my best friend, nothing more, nothing less." Tobin lied.

"I'm glad you finally remember her, but one day your feelings for her will come back and with you both being roommates, I'm scared that day will come sooner."

Tobin approached Christen and embraced her. She pulled away and held Christen's chin up so that she was looking at her. She observed Christen and could see that Christen really loved her. "Alex may end up with Servando and I don't want to fall for someone who likes someone else. Maybe, Christen and I were meant to be. Maybe I don't need Alex. Maybe I just need Christen. She will help me move on from Alex. Maybe I do love Christen."

Tobin placed her lips onto Christen's and this time, both of them felt fireworks. It was a kiss you would see in the movies, where everything was just perfect. Tobin pulled away and rested her forehead on Christen's.

"I love you and only you, Christen. That day where I fall for Alex won't ever come." Tobin lied, but also did not. She does love Christen, but she also loves Alex. However, Tobin wanted to change loves Alex to loved Alex. She was willing to move on.

Christen smiled, "I love you too."

Tobin and Christen spent the next hour telling each other stories and playing cards. They made each other cry from laughter and they both enjoyed the moment. Christen kept beating Tobin at cards because the deal was the winner gets a kiss on the lips. Tobin blamed her loss by saying it was because Christen attends Stanford, but actually Tobin enjoyed kissing Christen every time. They kept playing until the door opened, revealing Alex.

"Sorry to interrupt," Alex said while putting her stuff down.

Christen smiled at Alex and gave her a hug, trying to be as polite as possible. Tobin just glared at Alex.

"So, how was your lunch with Syd and Kelley?" Tobin questioned Alex, but she already knew the answer.

Alex remembered that she had lied to Tobin, "Oh, um, it was good. We got to catch up on things."

"Right, so Syd was there?" Tobin was ready to catch Alex's lie.

"Yes, why?" Alex responded as calm as possible.

Tobin laughed, "Well, when Lauren called me, Syd was there." Alex's face grew red. "And she said that her and Kelley knew nothing about a lunch today."

Alex was frozen like a statue. She looked at Christen who had a worried look on her face.

"You were with Serv, weren't you?"

"Can we go outside to talk about this?" Alex started to panic.

"Whatever you tell me, you can tell Christen," Tobin responded.

This made Alex furious, "Why? She's not apart of this."

"She's my girlfriend."

This made Alex even more furious, "So what?"

"It's okay, Tobin, I'll go outside," Christen quickly said while walking out the door.

The door closed and Alex yelled, "What the fuck, Tobin? Did you really need her to be here right now?"

"She came here unexpectedly, what was I supposed to do, kick her out?"

"You didn't have to expose me like that in front of her."

"You didn't have to lie to me," Tobin responded while crossing her arms.

"You would have gotten mad if I told you I was with Serv!"

"So you were with Serv," Tobin smirked.

Alex threw her head back in frustration, "Fine! Yes, I was with Serv, do you have a problem with that?"

Tobin thought about it and realized that she did not care anymore. She was tired of fighting with Alex and there was only one way to resolve this.

"No, I don't actually. In fact, I don't care at all anymore. I'm tired of fighting with you. You be happy with Serv and I'll be happy with Christen," Tobin wanted Alex to know that she was finally trying to move on.

Alex tilted her head in confusion. "Wait, what?"

Tobin felt tears forming in her eyes but quickly fought it, "I'm letting you go, Alex." Tobin was finally calm, "I don't want to fall for someone who likes someone else. I'm tired of fighting and the constant lies, I just want this to end, okay?"

And with that being said, Alex's world fell apart again. 

Hey guys! So I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but I did edit the chapter titles. They are no longer going to have a chapter title bc I was getting tired of thinking of one haha. I apologize for that. 

Anyways, liking the story so far? Hope so! Remember to keep voting! Thanks for reading (: 

A Faded Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें