Chapter 13

Time skip – one month later, one week before graduation.

After a week in the hospital, Tobin was finally released. During that week a lot had happened. Her soccer teammates, along with her mom, would come and visit her and thankfully she remembered all of her teammates. Alex still has not come to visit her, but she was fine with that. Tobin ended up signing her National Letter of Intent to play soccer at Berkeley. She wanted to stay as close as she could to Christen. However, Coach Anson did allow her to transfer to UNC whenever she wanted to and she was planning on transferring after her Sophomore year.

Alex also signed her National Letter of Intent to play soccer at Berkeley, but she did not know Tobin did also. When Tobin came back to school, Alex would avoid her and sit far away from her as possible in class. They both would catch one staring at the other, but quickly try to turn away.

Tobin was unable to continue playing soccer for the rest of of her high school season, but she was lucky enough to have the opportunity to play college soccer. She would attend practices and games and she would always be watching Alex. Tobin knew that Alex was also attending Berkeley and she considered telling her, but every time Tobin tried approaching Alex, Alex would quickly walk away.

Christen and Tobin both grew major feelings for each other. Tobin was having an easier time forgetting Alex whenever she was with Christen. Memories would pop into her head, but she would ignore it and keep it to herself. During their time together, Christen would drive Tobin to some of her favorite places. She drove her to the beach, coffee shop, and even took her to tour Stanford.

One day, Christen took Tobin to The Flower Fields in Carlsbad. Out of the blue, Tobin had asked Christen to be her girlfriend. They both were elated, but the problem was that every time they kissed, they both did not feel fireworks like they expected to. However, they just shook it off.

After spending a month together, Christen went back to Stanford and planned on surprising Tobin at her graduation.

Graduation Day

"Can't believe we're finally graduating," Lauren said while hugging her two best friends, Tobin and Amy.

Amy laughed, "I'm just glad Tobin remembered."

"Ha ha, very funny, A-Rod," Tobin replied sarcastically.

The three best friends were getting ready for their graduation at Tobin's house. Tobin remembered everything, except Alex. She didn't want to remember Alex, but she did want to become her friend again. After getting ready and taking pictures, the three best friends were on their way to graduation.

When they arrived to school, they greeted their friends and proceeded to their assigned seating. Tobin and Alex were within seeing distance of each other and Tobin would always look at Alex, who would not look back. However, right before the ceremony started, Tobin and Alex looked at each other at the same time. The two of them locked eyes and no one turned away. Alex gave Tobin a light smile and waved. Tobin was surprised that Alex didn't turn away, but her heart also skipped a beat because this was the first time Alex really noticed her. She flashed her big smile and waved back, causing Alex to giggle. This made the both of them really happy and hoped that maybe they could be friends again.

Alex realized that she did need Tobin in her life. After leaving the hospital, Alex tried moving on, but she couldn't. Everything reminded her of Tobin and she would break down crying because she would never forgive herself. She would see Christen and Tobin hanging out and her heart would immediately break. She just wanted Tobin back, but seeing her happy with Christen made her realize that Tobin moved on and she should too. But seeing Tobin wave back and flash her million-dollar smile, Alex realized she was still in love with Tobin Heath.