Chapter 17

Tobin's grip on Alex's arm loosened so Alex broke free and walked out of the room. Tobin kept her stare out the window and started to cry. She didn't expect to have an argument with Alex, she didn't mean for it to escalate so quickly. But what she least expected was Alex liking Servando. She remembered how Alex told her that she fell for her on the day they met. She knew that Alex catches feelings fast, but she never knew that she would catch feelings for a boy.

Snapping out of her gaze, Tobin wiped her tears away and decided to make her bed. She looked at the clock, it was about 10:00 PM. She decided to call Lauren, hoping that she was still awake.

After the first ring, Lauren answered the call.

"Hey Tobs!" Lauren said cheerfully.

"Hi," Tobin responded calmly. She didn't want Lauren to know that she was crying.

"It's pretty late, what's up? How's Berkeley? Oh, who's your roommate?"

Tobin sighed, "I'm having a bad start to college, Lauren. My roommate is Alex and we already got into an argument."

"What? You guys are roommates? Wait – an argument? Tobin, what happened?"
Tobin explained the whole argument to Lauren, "She likes a boy, Lauren. What am I supposed to do?

There was a short pause on the line. Lauren sighed, "Why are you so concerned about her liking a boy? You have a girlfriend, Tobin, you don't need to worry about Alex. I just told you to become her friend and -"

Tobin cut Lauren off, "I remember Alex. I remember everything about her. From her favorite color to what she likes to do during her free time. She knows I remember her, but she thinks I'm in love with Christen. The only thing I don't remember is what happened right before the accident."

"That's great you remember her Tobs, but hold on, do you not love Christen?"

Tobin hesitated, "I don't know, Lauren. I know I like her, but I also like Alex and there's just so many feelings happening and I don't know what to do," Tobin started to cry again.

Lauren took a deep breath. She remembered what happened prior to Tobin's car accident. "Look, I'm not going to tell you, but maybe you should ask Alex what happened before the accident. Tell her that I said she needs to tell you eventually. And Tobin, breathe. You may not know what you want now, but I'm sure your heart will tell you soon. Right now, just focus on yourself because you sound like a mess right now. I need to go to sleep soon so I'll talk to you tomorrow. Love you, Tobs."

Tobin was confused but agreed to tell Alex what Lauren said. "Alright, bye Lauren, love you too." Tobin hung up and laid down on her bed. She sighed wondering if her heart would ever tell her what she wanted soon. But she also wondered if Alex knew what happened prior to the accident. With so many things going through her mind, Tobin fell asleep with tears still strolling down her cheeks.

Alex was sitting on one of the benches, staring at the stars. She contemplated what happened throughout the day. "Tobin remembers me, but her heart does not remember the feelings she once had for me. Should I move on? Maybe she only sees me as a friend now. I will always love Tobin, but Serv is so handsome. But maybe he's a jerk and I should stay away from him. Alex's thoughts were interrupted.

"So you can't respond to my text messages, but you can come out here to stare at the stars?"

Alex looked at the boy who was standing in front of her. "Serv, I'm so sorry, I was in an argument with my roommate and I didn't feel like talking to anyone."

"An argument? May I ask what it was about?" Serv asked while taking a seat next to Alex.

"Something silly. Don't worry about it," Alex responded.

"Totally understand," Serv changed the subject, "So, how was the mango smoothie?"
Alex laughed, "Quite good actually. In fact, I will buy you one tomorrow, deal?"

Serv smirked, "Forget about the smoothie. How about we go to lunch downtown at Urth Caffe tomorrow at 12? Meet me here and I can drive, deal?"

Alex thought about it for a second and quickly nodded her head. A nice lunch and drive downtown would really help ease her mind. Before departing, Serv took Alex's hand and kissed it, telling her goodnight. Alex blushed, but tried to hide it. "Maybe he's not a jerk. Maybe he can help me move on from Tobin."

Alex walked back to her dorm and took a deep breath before entering. She entered the room to see the lights off and a sleeping Tobin. She walked over to Tobin and could tell that she had been crying. Her heart broke and she wished the day could have gone better. She was happy she met Serv, but she wished Tobin and her would not have gotten into an argument.

Tobin woke up to the sound of her door opening, but pretended she was asleep. She could sense Alex was standing next to her and wished she would come onto her bed. She didn't care what happened, she just needed someone to comfort her. She needed Alex to comfort her.

Alex kissed Tobin's forehead and whispered goodnight. She turned to walk to her bed, but was stopped by Tobin grabbing her arm. She turned to see Tobin awake, but her eyes looked tired and swollen from crying.

"Can you sleep with me?" Tobin asked with a raspy voice.

Alex didn't even hesitate, "Of course."

Tobin moved over so Alex could come onto the bed. Once Alex laid down, Tobin placed her head on her chest and cuddled close to her side. Alex put her arm around Tobin's back and rubbed it to comfort her and help her sleep.

"I'm so sorry, Alex. I should not have gotten mad at you, I-"

Alex cut Tobin off, "Shh, it's okay. I'm the one who should be sorry, I yelled at you when I shouldn't have. But just go to sleep, it was a rough day today."

"I love you, Alex," Tobin responded.

Being doubtful, Alex thought it was just a friendly gesture. Little did Alex know that Tobin really meant that she loved her.

There was a long pause and thinking that Tobin had already fallen asleep, Alex whispered, "I love you too, Tobin. I will always love you."

But Tobin kept awake just to hear Alex's response. She smiled before falling asleep. This time she fell asleep happy, no tears were shed. She decided to wait until tomorrow to tell Alex about what Lauren had said. 

Hi guys! I apologize for making you wait sooo long for this update. Next update will come sooner, I promise! 

Don't forget to keep voting! Thanks for reading (: