Chapter 28

Tobin arrived in North Carolina and waited at the airport for Ashlyn to pick her up. It was 7:00 PM in North Carolina so it was 4:00 PM in California. Since Alex was at practice at this time, Tobin texted her saying that she landed and she loves her.

Ashlyn finally came and got out of the car quickly to hug Tobin and help her put her luggage in the car.

"I'm so happy to see you, Tobin!" Ashlyn screamed as she embraced Tobin.

Tobin hugged her back, "I'm happy to see you too, Ash."

Ashlyn put Tobin's luggage in the trunk while Tobin got into the car. Tobin was hungry so Ashlyn took them to eat at a nearby restaurant. They took their seats and were able to catch up with each other.

"I think you're going to like your roommate," Ashlyn said while taking a bite out of her burger.

"Is it you?"

Ashlyn laughed, "Nope. Not going to tell you."

"Do I already know this person?"

Ashlyn shrugged.

Tobin groaned and thought of some people who could possibly be her roommate. Kling, Whit, or HAO could be her roommate and she didn't mind if either one of them were.

"How was Berkeley?" Ashlyn asked changing the subject.

"It was alright. I felt like so much happened when I was over there. I met a crazy dude who was in love with Alex and pretended to be Christen over text, Alex was my roommate which was awkward at the beginning, my ex-girlfriend had sex with Kelley while we were still together, and now Alex and I are back together," Tobin responded.

Ashlyn nearly spit out her water, "Why did no one tell me that you and Alex were back together?"

"Surprise?" Tobin shrugged.

"Wow, when you are on the opposite coast, you really miss much. Anyways, Christen had sex with Kelley? Kelley O'Hara?"

Tobin nodded.

"Damn, I didn't know that little squirrel had that much fire in her."

Tobin laughed, "It was a pretty crazy year at Berkeley. At least I was able to remember everything while I was there."

"That's true. I'm glad you remembered me when I visited you in the hospital. I would have cried if you didn't. Now, changing the subject, tell me what happened with Alex."

Tobin explained everything that happened between her and Alex. She caught herself smiling throughout the story because she was happy and in love with Alex. She really wished she was here right now. Tobin then felt tears starting to form in her eyes.

Ashlyn's eyes went wide, "You're not going to cry, are you? Oh gosh, Tobin, you never cry."

"I miss Alex," Tobin said while letting the tears come out and covering her face.

People at the restaurant started to look at Tobin and Ashlyn turned red in embarrassment.

"Shh, Tobin, please stop crying. People are starting to stare at us. I know you miss her, but I'm sure she misses you too and she is probably handling it better than you are."

"Can we leave?" Tobin asked while still covering her face,

"Yeah, just stop crying, okay?" Ashlyn said while putting money in the check.