Chapter 15

Alex was in shock to see that Tobin was her roommate. So many emotions were building inside of her. She was happy, excited, scared, nervous, but most of all she was relieved. Alex wanted to surprise herself by not looking at the paper that states who she was rooming with. Now she wished she did so she wouldn't be standing at the door, frozen.

Tobin wanted to start crying tears of joy because she finally remembered who Alex was. Tobin remembered all the memories they shared from the day they met to the day Tobin asked Alex to be her girlfriend. However, she didn't remember the feelings she once had for Alex, but she knew that soon enough, it will all come back to her.

"Alex Patricia Morgan, may I come in?" Tobin asked while waving a hand in front of Alex's face.

Alex snapped back to reality and was taken back by Tobin saying her middle name. She was in shock because she never told Tobin her middle name and the only way Tobin would know that is if she remembered her.

Alex stepped aside to let Tobin inside. "Tobin Powell Heath, do you remember me?" she asked while closing the door.

Tobin walked towards the empty bed on the left side of the room. She placed her suitcase and duffel bags by her bed and jumped onto it.

"Alex Patricia Morgan, born on July 2, age 17, forward, my best friend," Tobin smirked, "Nah, I don't remember you," she said with a wink.

Alex's eye went wide and a big smile formed across her face. She ran to Tobin and pulled her into a tight hug. She got her best friend back.

"I finally got my best friend back."

Tears started to stroll down Tobin's cheeks as she hugged Alex back. She was happy that she remembered Alex, but she wondered if Alex knew that she still did not have those feelings she once had for her.

Before she could say anything else to Alex, Alex stopped her.

"I know you still love Christen. And that's fine, as long as your happy, I'm happy," she said while holding back tears.

"I remember you, I remember everything we did together. From our first kiss to our last, I remember. What I don't remember is what happened right before the crash, but I do remember you giving me a piggy back ride," Tobin responded with a slight smile.

Alex hid her fear with laughter. She hoped that Tobin would never remember the argument they had right before the crash. She decided not to tell Tobin at all.

"Yeah, I wish I could tell you," Alex lied. "But anyways, Tobin, I can't force you to love me back. You're happy with Christen, I know that. I can't ruin your happiness."

Tobin wished she could explain her feelings to Alex. How she was unsure if she loved Christen, but she knew she had strong feelings for her. How she is slowly developing feelings for Alex, as if the feelings are starting to come back to her like memories.

Before Tobin could respond, her phone started to ring. She took her phone out of her pocket to see that Christen was asking to FaceTime. "Oh crap," Tobin thought to herself.

"Alex, no time to explain, but you need to hide or get out because Christen doesn't know you're my roommate and I don't know how she would feel if she finds out I lied."

Alex looked at Tobin as if she had two heads, but quickly agreed. She walked out of the dorm and decided to walk around the campus.

Tobin sighed in relief and answered the FaceTime call.