Two

"We wait"

He said and i immediately frowned, that was not the answer i was hoping for. Wait for what? Insanity like the others in here? What is so much more important than getting out of here.

"Just get some sleep" he sat straight up and was now looking at me, i wanted to agree with this. I felt exhausted and probably looked like it too. But i did not trust him. I knew he was strong, he could make me choke to death or  snap my neck the moment i close my eyes. The tiredness messed with my head. I am a cautious person but i could go a bit far.

I watched as he sat down next to me on the ground somehow it made me feel a bit better, he made the cold feeling of this cell just a bit warmer?

I looked over, his mask was dirty and the bags underneath is eyes were alarming. Like he hadn't slept in months.
"I think you can use it more than i do" i said and without saying it we agreed that i'd keep watch for a bit. Within seconds i heard soft snoring from beside me. He seemed to trust me more than i trusted him. Or he just took the gamble that i wouldn't hurt him. But as time went by he didn't seem all bad.

I leaned my head against the cold bars of our cel we weren't here for long but the clock on the wall showed me it was around 2AM. Right now there wasn't a lot going on in my head. I couldn't concentrate on an empty stomach and not a lot of sleep. An hour passed as i hadn't moved an inch from the cold floor, but now i was fighting my tired and heavy eyelids. And losing.

Suddenly a soft "Psst, hey" came from the shadows, i lifted my head now wide awake and uneasy. Am i hallucinating?  I knew i was tired but that tired? I tried my best to find for where or from who the voice came from.

Out of the shadows, a guy dressed in all black came up to me. He was blending in with the dark like an assassin, only if he wants to be seen you can find him. His face was dirty and half of it was covered in an old piece of cloth. His hair was wild, dark brown colored. He swiftly made his way to our cel and sat down in front of me it seemed like he had no care in the world. I was worried someone would see him and we would get into trouble.

I needed him to leave, the guards were on inspection rounds and would walk past by all the cells to see if everyone was sleeping. "Who are you?" I whispered trough the bars, the man ruffled his hands trough his already messy hair, "i'm Cartoonz, and you are stuck with my friend over there." He pointed at the guy next to me, I looked at  him but he didnt seem to have noticed anything and still slept like a rock. I wouldn't doubt for a second they were friends.

He must want something from the masked guy. I couldnt help but be a bit suspicious about it all. How in the hell did he get in here? I softly shook him to wake him up, a soft groan and an annoyed face was what i got back from him. But i didnt expect anything else. I didn't say anything, i dont want to make too much noise incase someone hears us. I pointed at Cartoonz, and Cartoonz smiled a bit. "Hey man" Was all he said and seemed to smile back. They clearly have been in this situation before. And seemed to know what they're doing. Was that what he meant with waiting?

"Okay so, my plan is to get you guys out of here tomorrow morning when everyone is in the canteen" Cartoonz whispered and explained what he had in mind, we both listened carefully to his plan. It actually seemed like it could work. He wanted to have the prison inmates fight so he could distract the guards and we could make a run for it.

"How should we distract them?" The masked guy asked looking intrigued by his friends idea. "You'll work something out i have to go" Cartoonz swiftly said and looked around. It seemed like the guards were getting closer. He was risking a lot by being in here and i was very glad he tried to help us. As quick ad he came he disappeared.