Five

Once the doors were fully mowed down by the other inmates and the guards were too busy catching the most they could my heart skipped a beat and an actual smile formed on my face. We're out. Delirious grabbed my arm and we got up, together we pushed into the crowd, i was sure he would let go of my arm by now and get himself out but his grip was only getting stronger as the flood of people ran outside. The sound of the jail's alarm was breaking my ear drums but i couldn't care less.

The light got bigger with every step we took and then i felt it, the soft breeze i longed for. I looked over at Delirious, he looked just as relieved. He looked back at me and we ran as fast as we could into the closest forest. It seemed like we both knew the routes around here.

We were starting to leave the police sirens and obnoxious yelling behind. But there was no stopping for us to catch a breath we couldn't risk anything right now. My feet and chest started to protest against the long sprint. Delirious didn't seem bothered as he bolted trough the trees. Further and further away.

I had to slow down a bit, i could take sprints for sure but not this long. Delirious noticed from the corner of his eye slowed down himself so he was next to me

"You're slow" he lifted his mask to let the air flow trough. Most of his face was covered in dried up blood probably from his nose and the other inmates who tried to stop him, he tried to wipe it off with his hoodie. It helped at least a small bit but it stained his blue sleeve. I raised an eyebrow "Do you really think its a good idea to shit on me when i just helped you escape?"

He snickered, showing some sharp but white teeth and leaned against the closest tree. "Could've done it easily myself"

"Right, sure" i crossed my arms, he knows he's wrong.

"Trust me i've done it multiple times" i rolled my eyes at this comment. But i wanted to know.

"Why did you stick with me then?"

He looked straight at me, those blue eyes again. The last time i looked into them like this he was holding me hostage, now, they felt comforting. I was expecting a witty comeback but all he said was:

"We should keep going"

||Delirious P.O.V||

"Why did you stick with me then?" She asked, those words kept flashing in my head but i didn't have an answer. She knows who i am and what i do but she would still blindly follow my lead, i wanted to ask her exactly the same.

I am not holding her against her will, we aren't bound together she's free to stand where she wants to. But some kind of interest draws her to me and sadly it counts the other way around too. I don't need this. I need to concentrate. But i wanted to know, i wanted to know who she is. And where she so suddenly came from.

"We should keep going" Is all i could bind together with words, i bit the inside of my lip because i knew what would come next.

"Where are we going?" She asked, bingo. I need to get rid of her, my thoughts have just been her ever since she walked up to me. I hate this.

"Look i don't owe you anything, you can take your own path and we would never have to see each other" i almost snarled at her.
Just. Go.
She reacted in a different way than i expected eyes widened and a smile formed on her face. What surprised me even more is how pleasant that view is.

"That's right but i do owe you something." I shook my head, snapping out of whatever he hell i was thinking about. I frowned instead in genuine confusion and watched as she pulled of her shoe.